Two killed in explosion in Maharashtra
Thane: Two persons were killed and at least six injured in an explosion on Friday at a chemical factory in Tarapur here, police said.
The explosion took place around 10.45 am at Aarti Drugs in the MIDC area and 4-5 workers are feared trapped inside the building, which collapsed after the mishap, they said.
The incident occurred during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole followed by nitrate reaction, sources said.
MIDC fire brigade and revenue officials rushed to the spot and rescue operations are on, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a nearby local hospital.
The impact of the explosion was felt by residents in 10 km radius as asbestos sheets, glasses of nearby factories and homes were shattered.
The area near the factory has been cordoned off for security purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details