Two killed in explosion in Maharashtra
Thane: Two persons were killed and at least six injured in an explosion on Friday at a chemical factory in Tarapur here, police said.
The explosion took place around 10.45 am at Aarti Drugs in the MIDC area and 4-5 workers are feared trapped inside the building, which collapsed after the mishap, they said.
The incident occurred during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole followed by nitrate reaction, sources said.
MIDC fire brigade and revenue officials rushed to the spot and rescue operations are on, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a nearby local hospital.
The impact of the explosion was felt by residents in 10 km radius as asbestos sheets, glasses of nearby factories and homes were shattered.
The area near the factory has been cordoned off for security purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...