Two killed in explosion in Maharashtra
Thane: Two persons were killed and at least six injured in an explosion on Friday at a chemical factory in Tarapur here, police said.
The explosion took place around 10.45 am at Aarti Drugs in the MIDC area and 4-5 workers are feared trapped inside the building, which collapsed after the mishap, they said.
The incident occurred during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole followed by nitrate reaction, sources said.
MIDC fire brigade and revenue officials rushed to the spot and rescue operations are on, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a nearby local hospital.
The impact of the explosion was felt by residents in 10 km radius as asbestos sheets, glasses of nearby factories and homes were shattered.
The area near the factory has been cordoned off for security purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'