Uddhav asks Shiv Sainiks to take on challenges
Nashik: Asserting that he knew how to run Shiv Sena, founded by his late father Bal Thackeray, party executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday appealed to sainiks "to take on the challenges lying ahead".
"We will strive hard to fulfil Balasaheb`s dream of unfurling `bhagva` (saffron) atop state Assembly. We will fight for the cause of Marathi manoos and Hindutva," Uddhav said while addressing a rally of Shiv Sena workers from North Maharashtra here.
Uddhav is on the state tour even as the party is fighting for the Shiv Sena patriarch`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated, in Mumbai.
Thousands of party workers, including women, from the region participated in the public meeting.
Uddhav, who recently said that he could never claim the exalted title of "Shiv Sena Pramukh" that had been attributed to his late father, told the gathering that he knew how to run the party affairs.
"I was taught by Balasaheb how to run the party. I see my father in each and every Shiv Sainik. It`s the time to take on the challenges lying ahead for us and not mourn over Balasaheb`s demise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj