Uddhav asks Shiv Sainiks to take on challenges
Nashik: Asserting that he knew how to run Shiv Sena, founded by his late father Bal Thackeray, party executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday appealed to sainiks "to take on the challenges lying ahead".
"We will strive hard to fulfil Balasaheb`s dream of unfurling `bhagva` (saffron) atop state Assembly. We will fight for the cause of Marathi manoos and Hindutva," Uddhav said while addressing a rally of Shiv Sena workers from North Maharashtra here.
Uddhav is on the state tour even as the party is fighting for the Shiv Sena patriarch`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated, in Mumbai.
Thousands of party workers, including women, from the region participated in the public meeting.
Uddhav, who recently said that he could never claim the exalted title of "Shiv Sena Pramukh" that had been attributed to his late father, told the gathering that he knew how to run the party affairs.
"I was taught by Balasaheb how to run the party. I see my father in each and every Shiv Sainik. It`s the time to take on the challenges lying ahead for us and not mourn over Balasaheb`s demise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report