US national robbed of passport, cash in Mumbai
Mumbai: An elderly US national was allegedly robbed of his passport, Rs 4,000 and traveller`s cheque of USD 400 among other possessions in broad daylight by four unidentified persons here, police said on Monday.
Anthony Lamport (78), a tourist was looking to take a cab near the Asiatic Society in South Mumbai yesterday around 3.30 PM when the four unarmed persons held him and demanded money.
Subsequently, they robbed the tourist of his bank credit and debit cards, cash, apart from his US passport and the cheques, Padmakar Juikar, senior inspector at MRA Marg police station, told PTI.
According to police, Lamport had arrived in Mumbai along with his wife on February 1.
They had hired a cab which broke down near the Library after which the duo decided to take another one. While waiting for it, the accused looted Lamport.
Two robbers held his legs, one held him from the back while the fourth took out his wallet and other valuables from his pockets, he added.
Before the couple realised what had happened, the accused had escaped with the valuables.
While two accused escaped on a motorcycle, the others hurriedly walked towards Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!