VHP criticises Maha Govt for not showing Arunachal in map
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday criticised the Maharashtra government for not showing the state in the map of India in its geography text books.
The VHP said that the Education Department of the state had committed a blunder by showing the northeastern state as a part of the territory of China.
"Such kind of mistake will not only aggravate the border tension between India and China, but also weaken the international stand as far as the unity and integrity of the nation is concerned," the VHP said in a communique.
It demands a high level inquiry into the incident and exemplary punishment to the guilty.
The northeastern state was missing in the map and the area was shown as part of Chinese territory, in textbooks printed by the state press, Balbharti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials