VHP criticises Maha Govt for not showing Arunachal in map
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday criticised the Maharashtra government for not showing the state in the map of India in its geography text books.
The VHP said that the Education Department of the state had committed a blunder by showing the northeastern state as a part of the territory of China.
"Such kind of mistake will not only aggravate the border tension between India and China, but also weaken the international stand as far as the unity and integrity of the nation is concerned," the VHP said in a communique.
It demands a high level inquiry into the incident and exemplary punishment to the guilty.
The northeastern state was missing in the map and the area was shown as part of Chinese territory, in textbooks printed by the state press, Balbharti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam