VHP criticises Maha Govt for not showing Arunachal in map
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday criticised the Maharashtra government for not showing the state in the map of India in its geography text books.
The VHP said that the Education Department of the state had committed a blunder by showing the northeastern state as a part of the territory of China.
"Such kind of mistake will not only aggravate the border tension between India and China, but also weaken the international stand as far as the unity and integrity of the nation is concerned," the VHP said in a communique.
It demands a high level inquiry into the incident and exemplary punishment to the guilty.
The northeastern state was missing in the map and the area was shown as part of Chinese territory, in textbooks printed by the state press, Balbharti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another