Woman attacked near Mumbai railway station
Mumbai: A youth was arrested Monday for attacking a woman with a knife in broad daylight in a crowded area of Dadar in Mumbai, police said.
"The youth identified as Vijay Sangavlekar was arrested after he attacked a woman with a knife near the Swaminarayan temple in Dadar. He had mistaken the victim for his wife, with whom he had fought earlier," an official from the Mumbai`s Matunga police station told IANS.
The woman sustained several injuries and was rushed to the nearby Sion Hospital. Her condition is stated to be serious.
The spot where the attack took place is near the busy Dadar railway station. A police post is also located nearby and police personnel rushed to rescue the woman from the attacker.
Police are questioning Sangavlekar in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town