Woman attacked near Mumbai railway station
Mumbai: A youth was arrested Monday for attacking a woman with a knife in broad daylight in a crowded area of Dadar in Mumbai, police said.
"The youth identified as Vijay Sangavlekar was arrested after he attacked a woman with a knife near the Swaminarayan temple in Dadar. He had mistaken the victim for his wife, with whom he had fought earlier," an official from the Mumbai`s Matunga police station told IANS.
The woman sustained several injuries and was rushed to the nearby Sion Hospital. Her condition is stated to be serious.
The spot where the attack took place is near the busy Dadar railway station. A police post is also located nearby and police personnel rushed to rescue the woman from the attacker.
Police are questioning Sangavlekar in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO