Woman attacked near Mumbai railway station
Mumbai: A youth was arrested Monday for attacking a woman with a knife in broad daylight in a crowded area of Dadar in Mumbai, police said.
"The youth identified as Vijay Sangavlekar was arrested after he attacked a woman with a knife near the Swaminarayan temple in Dadar. He had mistaken the victim for his wife, with whom he had fought earlier," an official from the Mumbai`s Matunga police station told IANS.
The woman sustained several injuries and was rushed to the nearby Sion Hospital. Her condition is stated to be serious.
The spot where the attack took place is near the busy Dadar railway station. A police post is also located nearby and police personnel rushed to rescue the woman from the attacker.
Police are questioning Sangavlekar in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister