Woman attacked near Mumbai railway station
Mumbai: A youth was arrested Monday for attacking a woman with a knife in broad daylight in a crowded area of Dadar in Mumbai, police said.
"The youth identified as Vijay Sangavlekar was arrested after he attacked a woman with a knife near the Swaminarayan temple in Dadar. He had mistaken the victim for his wife, with whom he had fought earlier," an official from the Mumbai`s Matunga police station told IANS.
The woman sustained several injuries and was rushed to the nearby Sion Hospital. Her condition is stated to be serious.
The spot where the attack took place is near the busy Dadar railway station. A police post is also located nearby and police personnel rushed to rescue the woman from the attacker.
Police are questioning Sangavlekar in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them