Woman killed for dowry; husband, mother-in-law held
Akola: A young woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband and in-laws after their dowry demand was not met by her family, police said on Tuesday.
Sayma (20) had got married to Abdul Razik (25), a resident of Akot tehsil in the district, on June 9 this year and soon after, her husband`s family demanded money from her parents for purchasing a four-wheeler.
On the night of November 10, the woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband and in-laws, who later tried to project it as a case of suicide.
However, the post-mortem report revealed that the woman was strangled.
The victim`s husband Razik, her mother-in-law Rahemabi and brother-in-law Rafia have been arrested in connection with the offence and booked for murder and under other relevant sections.
Further investigation was on in the case, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming