Woman killed for dowry; husband, mother-in-law held
Akola: A young woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband and in-laws after their dowry demand was not met by her family, police said on Tuesday.
Sayma (20) had got married to Abdul Razik (25), a resident of Akot tehsil in the district, on June 9 this year and soon after, her husband`s family demanded money from her parents for purchasing a four-wheeler.
On the night of November 10, the woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband and in-laws, who later tried to project it as a case of suicide.
However, the post-mortem report revealed that the woman was strangled.
The victim`s husband Razik, her mother-in-law Rahemabi and brother-in-law Rafia have been arrested in connection with the offence and booked for murder and under other relevant sections.
Further investigation was on in the case, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’