Anna Hazare asks people to wage decisive battle against corruption
Uttarkashi: Terming corruption as an "evil" which has ruined the country`s political system, social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday asked people to wage a decisive battle against the menace.
Hazare, who is touring Uttarakhand in the course of the second phase of his `Jantantra Yatra` launched from Rishikesh on May 13, said at Chinyalisaur in the district that the rot runs deep into the system and it is time people realised that they hold the key to systemic change.
Asking them to use their right to vote wisely, he said they must elect people who they think can deliver and advised them not to run blindly after parties.
Underlining the need to wipe out corruption, he said people should elect untainted individuals, who can fight against corruption and work for a strong Janlokpal which will be an effective instrument to eliminate corruption.
The anti-corruption crusader said he will fight for a Janlokpal in the manner he fought for RTI in Maharashtra for 10 years.
Hazare also invited people to come to Rudrapur on May 25 when the second phase of his Jantantra yatra is scheduled to conclude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert