Anna Hazare asks people to wage decisive battle against corruption
Uttarkashi: Terming corruption as an "evil" which has ruined the country`s political system, social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday asked people to wage a decisive battle against the menace.
Hazare, who is touring Uttarakhand in the course of the second phase of his `Jantantra Yatra` launched from Rishikesh on May 13, said at Chinyalisaur in the district that the rot runs deep into the system and it is time people realised that they hold the key to systemic change.
Asking them to use their right to vote wisely, he said they must elect people who they think can deliver and advised them not to run blindly after parties.
Underlining the need to wipe out corruption, he said people should elect untainted individuals, who can fight against corruption and work for a strong Janlokpal which will be an effective instrument to eliminate corruption.
The anti-corruption crusader said he will fight for a Janlokpal in the manner he fought for RTI in Maharashtra for 10 years.
Hazare also invited people to come to Rudrapur on May 25 when the second phase of his Jantantra yatra is scheduled to conclude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi