Louis Berger group`s former vice president Satyakam Mohanty was arrested here on Monday by the Crime Branch for paying off Goa politicians and officials in 2010 while he was serving as the head of the international consultancy firm in India.
China has recovered 38.7 billion yuan ($6.2 billion) in losses from graft, state media reported, as the leadership pursues a campaign against pervasive corruption.
While corruption is on the retreat in India, the country needs to act on patent regulations and rule of law, two top US Congressmen said today.
Seventy-two percent of the people feel satisfied with the performance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, according to a survey on one year of his government, but the majority also sees no let-up in graft, and more seem opposed to than supportive of his controversial land acquisition bill.
Deutsche Bank has agreed to pay a $2.5-billion fine to settle US and British accusations that more than 20 employees engaged in a "widespread effort" to rig benchmark interest rates for profit between 2005 and 2009, officials said on Thursday.
EU governments and institutions must adopt robust rules for powerful lobbies seeking to shape laws and policy or face the risk of corruption, anti-graft watchdog Transparency International warned Wednesday.
Stressing on the need to differentiate between "errors and corruption" in bureaucratic decision making, Finance Minister Arun Jatiley on Monday said the government is considering amending the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Errors in decision-making and corruption in decision-making need to be looked at differently, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Monday in a reference to probes against some leading industrialists and retired bureaucrats for graft.
CBI has registered a fresh case of cheating and corruption in coal block allocation scam against unknown officials of Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) and others for allegedly ignoring joint venture conditions to give pecuniary gains to private partners.
China Minsheng Bank said Saturday that its operations were "normal" following reports that its president had been taken away to aid in a corruption investigation.
Companies in India are not fully aware of anti-corruption regulations and a lack of anti-graft programme has a negative impact on cost of doing business in the country, a business survey said Tuesday.
In India's neighbourhood, China moved to 100th place, down from 80th last year, while Pakistan and Nepal were at 126th position.
It pointed to a rise in reports of corruption in Turkey and low rankings for the major emerging economies known collectively as the BRICs.
South Africa`s ombudswoman has given President Jacob Zuma a fortnight to explain why he should not repay some of the USD 23 million of public money lavished on his farm, media reported today.
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said Saturday that all systems in India`s central hospitals have been placed under critical review to end "systemic and symptomatic" corruption.
Under attack for removing whistleblower IFS officer Sanjeev Chaturvedi as AIIMS Chief Vigilance Officer, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said various forms of corruption exist in central hospitals and efforts are on to end the "systemic and symptomatic" corruption.
Romania`s former prime minister Adrian Nastase, sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail for his role in two corruption cases, was released from prison on Thursday.
Modi who laid the foundation stone of the Metro rail project in Nagpur said that Metro rail these days have become the identity of the big cities and now Nagpur`s name will be added to the list of modern Indian cities.
US has said that it does not support any extra-constitutional changes in Pakistan, where deadlock continues between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and two key opposition figures seeking his resignation over allegations of corruption and election rigging.
Following the arrest of Censor Board CEO Rakesh Kumar by CBI in connection with a case of alleged bribery, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar on Wednesday said that processes will be made simpler so that corruption can be eliminated.
A special anti-money laundering court on Tuesday attached assets worth Rs 800 crore of YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy and his associates in connection with its probe into alleged corruption and money laundering in an infrastructure project in Andhra Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday sought suggestions from the public to help re-fashion the Soviet-inspired central Planning Commission that supporters say is in line with a new, open style of governance.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday asked IAS probationers to perform with integrity and cultivate an attitude of zero tolerance to corruption.
Congress and Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday criticized the inclusion of former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in BJP`s new team of office-bearers wondering over Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s ways of combating corruption.
A standing committee member of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, has been charged with corruption.
In a huge embarrassment to Janata Dal (United) chief Nitish Kumar, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Manjhi has said that his party leader to curb corruption in the state during his rule.
Congress will start a "Jan jagran abhiyaan" against the BJP and AAP to "expose" these parties from August 20, the day of Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary.
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi has conceded that corruption prevailed in state apparently causing discomfiture to the ruling JD(U) and Nitish Kumar in the run-up to bypoll in 10 assembly seats next week.
Senior Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela on Tuesday accused the BJP-led Gujarat government of indulging in "irregularities to the tune of Rs 6,000 crore in power sector" and using that money to fund the party`s campaigns ahead of this year`s Lok Sabha elections.
Cutting across party lines, Lok Sabha members on Tuesday complained of rampant corruption in implementation of schemes under the Border Areas Development Programme (BADP).
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri