South Africa`s ombudswoman has given President Jacob Zuma a fortnight to explain why he should not repay some of the USD 23 million of public money lavished on his farm, media reported today.
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said Saturday that all systems in India`s central hospitals have been placed under critical review to end "systemic and symptomatic" corruption.
Under attack for removing whistleblower IFS officer Sanjeev Chaturvedi as AIIMS Chief Vigilance Officer, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said various forms of corruption exist in central hospitals and efforts are on to end the "systemic and symptomatic" corruption.
Romania`s former prime minister Adrian Nastase, sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail for his role in two corruption cases, was released from prison on Thursday.
Modi who laid the foundation stone of the Metro rail project in Nagpur said that Metro rail these days have become the identity of the big cities and now Nagpur`s name will be added to the list of modern Indian cities.
US has said that it does not support any extra-constitutional changes in Pakistan, where deadlock continues between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and two key opposition figures seeking his resignation over allegations of corruption and election rigging.
Following the arrest of Censor Board CEO Rakesh Kumar by CBI in connection with a case of alleged bribery, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar on Wednesday said that processes will be made simpler so that corruption can be eliminated.
A special anti-money laundering court on Tuesday attached assets worth Rs 800 crore of YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy and his associates in connection with its probe into alleged corruption and money laundering in an infrastructure project in Andhra Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday sought suggestions from the public to help re-fashion the Soviet-inspired central Planning Commission that supporters say is in line with a new, open style of governance.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday asked IAS probationers to perform with integrity and cultivate an attitude of zero tolerance to corruption.
Congress and Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday criticized the inclusion of former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in BJP`s new team of office-bearers wondering over Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s ways of combating corruption.
A standing committee member of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, has been charged with corruption.
In a huge embarrassment to Janata Dal (United) chief Nitish Kumar, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Manjhi has said that his party leader to curb corruption in the state during his rule.
Congress will start a "Jan jagran abhiyaan" against the BJP and AAP to "expose" these parties from August 20, the day of Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary.
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi has conceded that corruption prevailed in state apparently causing discomfiture to the ruling JD(U) and Nitish Kumar in the run-up to bypoll in 10 assembly seats next week.
Senior Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela on Tuesday accused the BJP-led Gujarat government of indulging in "irregularities to the tune of Rs 6,000 crore in power sector" and using that money to fund the party`s campaigns ahead of this year`s Lok Sabha elections.
Cutting across party lines, Lok Sabha members on Tuesday complained of rampant corruption in implementation of schemes under the Border Areas Development Programme (BADP).
Underlining his government`s resolve to fight graft which has "ruined" the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his willingness to take along people from various parties who have been fighting corruption.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said Panchayats are the best tool to curb corruption and ensure transparency.
Smartphones and the popular chat messenger - WhatsApp - in it has now turned into an effective weapon against errant policemen.
The next time a police officer seeks a bribe or harasses you, don`t feel frustrated. Help is at hand, literally in the form of your smartphone equipped with chat application Whatsapp.
With Assembly polls round the corner, BJP president Amit Shah will flag off a party rally which will pass through Haryana with an aim to "expose" Bhupinder Singh Hooda government on several issues including corruption and nepotism in government jobs.
Concerned over skeletons coming out after the arrest of Syndicate Bank CMD SK Jain, a BJP member on Thursday asked the government to direct the CBI to prepare a time-bound action plan to probe corruption in state-run banks.
Sanctions have been given to prosecute 39 IAS, eight IFS and seven IPS officers for corruption in the last three years, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Italian prosecutors have "shelved" proceedings against defence major Finmeccannica, the parent firm of AgustaWestland, saying it had nothing to do with the alleged corruption in India`s Rs 3,600-crore deal to procure 12 VVIP helicopters, Italian news agency Ansa reported.
A large number of autorickshaws in Delhi will go off roads tomorrow against alleged highhandedness of traffic police and transport department.
While the allegations of corruption in judiciary made by ex-Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju continues to raise the political temperature of the country, former prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on Tuesday broke his silence on the issue and said that he had nothing more to add since his colleague HR Bhardwaj had already spoken on the same.
Turkish authorities on Tuesday arrested 55 senior police officers in a criminal probe over alleged corruption and abuse of office, the latest apparent crackdown on opponents of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan ahead of presidential polls.
The police chief of China`s Tianjin city is being investigated for corruption, authorities said, the third senior security official in the northern port to be targeted for graft in eight years.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson MJ Akbar on Monday expressed shock over former Supreme Court (SC) judge Justice (retired) Maarkandey Katju`s statement on corruption in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government led by Manmohan Singh.
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door