Another man charged for attack on Gen Brar
London: Scotland Yard Friday said a third man had been charged with attempt to inflict "grievous bodily harm" on India`s retired Lt Gen KS Brar, who led Operation Bluestar in Amritsar in 1984.
The third man has been identified as Dilbag Singh, 36, of no fixed abode. He was due to appear before the Westminster Magistrates Court.
The attack took place as Gen Brar and his wife Meena Brar were returning to their hotel from dinner, in the vicinity of the busy Marble Arch in central London Sep 30.
Gen Brar later said he was convinced the attack was allegedly carried out by "Khalistani" elements.
On Oct 8, two men had been charged for the attack: Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, from Wolverhampton, and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, from Birmingham.
Sangha was also charged with common assault on Meena Brar.
They were remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court Dec 7 for a Plea and Case Management Hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state