Another man charged for attack on Gen Brar
London: Scotland Yard Friday said a third man had been charged with attempt to inflict "grievous bodily harm" on India`s retired Lt Gen KS Brar, who led Operation Bluestar in Amritsar in 1984.
The third man has been identified as Dilbag Singh, 36, of no fixed abode. He was due to appear before the Westminster Magistrates Court.
The attack took place as Gen Brar and his wife Meena Brar were returning to their hotel from dinner, in the vicinity of the busy Marble Arch in central London Sep 30.
Gen Brar later said he was convinced the attack was allegedly carried out by "Khalistani" elements.
On Oct 8, two men had been charged for the attack: Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, from Wolverhampton, and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, from Birmingham.
Sangha was also charged with common assault on Meena Brar.
They were remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court Dec 7 for a Plea and Case Management Hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas