Another man charged for attack on Gen Brar
London: Scotland Yard Friday said a third man had been charged with attempt to inflict "grievous bodily harm" on India`s retired Lt Gen KS Brar, who led Operation Bluestar in Amritsar in 1984.
The third man has been identified as Dilbag Singh, 36, of no fixed abode. He was due to appear before the Westminster Magistrates Court.
The attack took place as Gen Brar and his wife Meena Brar were returning to their hotel from dinner, in the vicinity of the busy Marble Arch in central London Sep 30.
Gen Brar later said he was convinced the attack was allegedly carried out by "Khalistani" elements.
On Oct 8, two men had been charged for the attack: Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, from Wolverhampton, and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, from Birmingham.
Sangha was also charged with common assault on Meena Brar.
They were remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court Dec 7 for a Plea and Case Management Hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes