Armed forces prepared for any challenge: Union Minister
Kolkata: Situation is under control on the India-China border and the Indian armed forces are fully prepared to face any challenge there, according to Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh.
"Everything is under control. There is nothing too great to be worried about. The armed forces are fully prepared for any challenge that may arise there," Singh said when asked about the situation prevailing on the Arunachal Pradesh border with China.
Singh was talking to reporters after the inauguration of an integrated shipbuilding facility at Garden Reach in the city.
A battalion of Chinese troops estimated at about 50 and accompanied by vehicles and dogs had intruded 19 km inside the Indian territory across the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Daulat Beg Oldi sector on April 15 and set up five tents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali