Attacked Pakistani prisoner bleeding profusely: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: The condition of a Pakistani prisoner, who was shifted to a hospital here on Friday after an attack in a Jammu jail, worsened on Saturday.
Reports quoted doctors at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh as saying that Sanaullah Ranjay was profusely bleeding.
"Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah is critical and deeply unconscious. He is on ventilator support," said Manju Wadwalker, PGIMER.
Earlier in the morning, Pakistani officials visited the comatose Pakistani prisoner.
"Pakistani officials had consular access to injured prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay and also met attending doctor in Chandigarh," tweeted External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin.
Sanaullah Ranjay, a Pakistani lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner yesterday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
He was attacked in the morning following an altercation. The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
On Friday, India granted three Pakistani officials consular access to Sanaullah. He was flown to the PGIMER, Chandigarh for treatment.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested