Attacked Pakistani prisoner bleeding profusely: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: The condition of a Pakistani prisoner, who was shifted to a hospital here on Friday after an attack in a Jammu jail, worsened on Saturday.
Reports quoted doctors at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh as saying that Sanaullah Ranjay was profusely bleeding.
"Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah is critical and deeply unconscious. He is on ventilator support," said Manju Wadwalker, PGIMER.
Earlier in the morning, Pakistani officials visited the comatose Pakistani prisoner.
"Pakistani officials had consular access to injured prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay and also met attending doctor in Chandigarh," tweeted External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin.
Sanaullah Ranjay, a Pakistani lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner yesterday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
He was attacked in the morning following an altercation. The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
On Friday, India granted three Pakistani officials consular access to Sanaullah. He was flown to the PGIMER, Chandigarh for treatment.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city