Choudhary was arrested on Monday, officials said.
From the Chandigarh International Airport, Kovind drove to Panchkula town in Haryana where he will meet legislators from the state.
The assurance was given by Mohindra, who was speaking on behalf of Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, on a call attention notice raised by MLA Bikram Singh Pahara.
The Maruti Alto car bore a Chandigarh registration number and appeared to be headed towards Delhi.
Salaries to faculty and staff are delayed, new projects are on hold, there is tension among students on the campus over a massive fee hike.
Raipur: The Border Security Force has set up two new posts in the Naxal affected Kanker district of Chhattisgarh to facilitate road construction projects.
As authorities in Punjab and Haryana sealed the inter-state border, thousands of INLD supporters headed from Haryana`s Ambala city towards the border on Thursday afternoon to dig the SYL canal at the party's call.
From a village shop owner to a crorepati, the journey perhaps was pre-determined by his luck. With an assurance of winning a prize money of Rs 400, he set out to purchase a ticket of the New Year Bumper lottery run by the Punjab government from Sirsa in December 2016.
Aam Aadmi Party today rubbished the accusations that its members had links with gangsters and terrorists and made as it accused the Congress for "patronising" dreaded gangsters including the key accused of Nabha jail break.
Four gangsters were arrsted on Saturday after a shootout with a Punjab Police team in Ferozepur district, an officer said.
Members of All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, which is spearheading the ongoing jat quota stir in Haryana, will meet representatives of the government-appointed committee tomorrow at Panipat for talks, even as the agitation entered its 13th day today.
BJP-SAD alliance scripted history as results of Chandigarh municipal elections results were declared on Tuesday.
The overall polling percentage in the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation election on Monday jumped to a record 59.54 per cent, following a re-polling in a ward of the civic body after officials noticed some discrepancies.
The union territory of Chandigarh was put on alert on Thursday following inputs from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) of a possible terrorist strike.
Chhattisgarh Police on Sunday arrested six Maoists in a raid in Bijapur district of the state, while 25 Maoists, including six women, surrendered before the police and the Forests Minister.
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
A married woman was allegedly gangraped by three youths in a hotel in Karnal district of Haryana, days after a 21-year college student in the state was raped for the second time by same offenders who had sexually assaulted her three years ago.
A court in Amritsar city issued summons to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and other AAP leaders in a defamation case filed by Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia.
The south-west monsoon is likely to pick up pace in Punjab and Haryana bringing good rains to the region in the coming days, a senior MeT department official said here today.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- DNA: Analysis of water conservation by Israel
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Who was Subedar Taanaji Malusare? Know why Ajay Devgn's 'Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior' is important