As authorities in Punjab and Haryana sealed the inter-state border, thousands of INLD supporters headed from Haryana`s Ambala city towards the border on Thursday afternoon to dig the SYL canal at the party's call.
From a village shop owner to a crorepati, the journey perhaps was pre-determined by his luck. With an assurance of winning a prize money of Rs 400, he set out to purchase a ticket of the New Year Bumper lottery run by the Punjab government from Sirsa in December 2016.
Aam Aadmi Party today rubbished the accusations that its members had links with gangsters and terrorists and made as it accused the Congress for "patronising" dreaded gangsters including the key accused of Nabha jail break.
Four gangsters were arrsted on Saturday after a shootout with a Punjab Police team in Ferozepur district, an officer said.
Members of All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, which is spearheading the ongoing jat quota stir in Haryana, will meet representatives of the government-appointed committee tomorrow at Panipat for talks, even as the agitation entered its 13th day today.
BJP-SAD alliance scripted history as results of Chandigarh municipal elections results were declared on Tuesday.
The overall polling percentage in the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation election on Monday jumped to a record 59.54 per cent, following a re-polling in a ward of the civic body after officials noticed some discrepancies.
The union territory of Chandigarh was put on alert on Thursday following inputs from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) of a possible terrorist strike.
Chhattisgarh Police on Sunday arrested six Maoists in a raid in Bijapur district of the state, while 25 Maoists, including six women, surrendered before the police and the Forests Minister.
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
A married woman was allegedly gangraped by three youths in a hotel in Karnal district of Haryana, days after a 21-year college student in the state was raped for the second time by same offenders who had sexually assaulted her three years ago.
A court in Amritsar city issued summons to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and other AAP leaders in a defamation case filed by Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia.
The south-west monsoon is likely to pick up pace in Punjab and Haryana bringing good rains to the region in the coming days, a senior MeT department official said here today.
Accusing BJP of "cheating" them on the issue of reservation, leaders of Jat organisations and Khap panchayats on Thursday said members of the community would vote against the party in next year's assembly elections in Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
The Chandigarh administration has curtailed the timings of pubs and bars in the city from 2 am earlier to midnight.
Many of us must have consumed paranthas at street side shops. You must have liked it and maybe found it tasty. But, if you find it addictive, there is a strong possibility that you might have consumed drug-laced parantha - 'ganja parantha' or 'opium parantha'.
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- Why are Muslims considered a minority in J&K despite major population share?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Meat sellers in UP on indefinite strike after govt's actions against illegal slaughterhouse
- 30 passengers injured as tourist bus hits divider on Noida Expressway
- CM Yogi Adityanath reaches Gomti riverfront to meet officers and review reformative works
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Dhule: Fire kills five members of a family
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- IND vs AUS, 4th Test, Day 4 - As it happened...
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Two orphans from Rajasthan discover Rs 96,000 in demonetised notes at home, urge PM Narendra Modi for help
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni one of the popular names to be ignored for Padma awards by government: Report
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?