Three persons died and 31 others fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a religious event in Chhattisgarh's Balodabazar-Bhatapara district, police said on Monday.
A dreaded woman Maoist, carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh on her head, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district on Sunday, police said.
Four Maoists, including a former commander of Jan Militia group, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Naxal-hit Kondagaon district, police said on Sunday.
Children who have lost their parents in Naxal violence in Chhattisgarh will be given priority for admission in schools nearby their native place or according to their choice, a state minister said on Tuesday.
The surprise move by Congress candidate to withdraw nomination from the September 13 bye-election to Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Antagarh Assembly seat has brought to fore infighting in the party.
Actress-turned-politician Kirron Kher today said she is planning to get a Media and Film City for Chandigarh.
At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Motorists in Chandigarh may be wary of being caught by traffic policemen but the latter are themselves also at the receiving end from certain drivers.
Situation in Pong dam continued to remain worrisome as water level in reservoir was about 35 feet less than what it was on corresponding day last year due to deficient rain in catchment areas.
With water level in Pong dam remaining "worrisome" due to "deficient" rains in catchment areas, Bhakra Beas Management Board on Tuesday said a decision on cutting down water release from the reservoir will be taken in consultation with three partnering states next week.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) today took a dig at BJP MLA Anil Joshi and asked him not to politicise the matter, after the Punjab government decided to rollback the `advance tax on stock`.
Senior Haryana IAS officer Pradeep Kasni, who red-flagged appointment of new information commissioners by the Hooda government, today accused the state Chief Secretary of threatening him.
The apex consumer commission has dismissed an appeal filed by a real estate developer against a direction to pay nearly Rs 65 lakh to two persons who had jointly booked a flat in its project.
Veteran BJP leader Kaptan Singh Solanki was sworn-in as the new Governor of Haryana on Sunday.
Former college professor and BJP leader from Madhya Pradesh Kaptan Singh Solanki will be sworn in as Haryana governor Sunday, officials said here Saturday.
A Chandigarh Police constable on Friday shot his wife dead with his service pistol at the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 here following an altercation. He later attempted to shoot himself but was overpowered, police said.
Taking forward its plan of developing the game at grassroots level in the country, Hockey India Thursday appointed former coach Sukhvir Singh Grewal as the High Performance Manager of North zone.
The row over a separate SGPC in Congress-ruled Haryana on Friday grew into a full-blown battle between the state on one hand and Akali Dal-BJP ruled Punjab and the Centre on the other as Haryana refused to accept Union Home Ministry`s directive to have a Bill in this regard withdrawn.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today urged the Union government to expedite formalities for setting up of two training centres near Chandigarh.
Amid a growing controversy over the issue, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday said a committee set up by the state government on the issue of a separate managing committee for Haryana gurudwaras was in favour of a separate Sikh body for the purpose.
Congress will focus on youths in allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Haryana, party General Secretray Shakeel Ahmed said on Tuesday.
Light to moderate showers today brought down temperatures in most parts of north India, including in Uttar Pradesh, where three persons died in rain-related incidents.
The Punjab Government today launched a round-the-clock helpline to assist people, particularly in rural and interior areas, in getting information on health problems and access to a qualified doctor.
Nearly 700 people from Punjab and Haryana are stuck in strife-torn Iraq, officials from both states said Sunday.
Total 87 people from Haryana, mostly young men, are stranded in strife-torn Iraq, a government spokesman said Friday.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today announced an additional allowance of Rs 400 per month to multi-purpose health workers and supervisors in the state.
The Civil Aviation Ministry has given its nod to start of international flights from Chandigarh to Dubai and Bangkok soon, Punjab government said on Thursday said.
Heatwave today continued to sweep across Punjab and Haryana with the mercury hovering few notches above normal.
The Union Territory of Chandigarh experienced sultry weather with a maximum temperature of 40.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
Unseasonal rains in northern region of the country has caused sharp drop in demand for power in Punjab, brining relief for state power utility which is now in the process of buying short term power to meet gap between demand and supply.
Punjab government on Monday announced a six months deadline for the completion of all governance reforms initiated in the Local Bodies department.
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM