Chandigarh police Friday claimed to have arrested one person for alleged misappropriation of funds of a housing society here.
Three persons died and 31 others fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a religious event in Chhattisgarh's Balodabazar-Bhatapara district, police said on Monday.
A dreaded woman Maoist, carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh on her head, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district on Sunday, police said.
Four Maoists, including a former commander of Jan Militia group, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Naxal-hit Kondagaon district, police said on Sunday.
Children who have lost their parents in Naxal violence in Chhattisgarh will be given priority for admission in schools nearby their native place or according to their choice, a state minister said on Tuesday.
The surprise move by Congress candidate to withdraw nomination from the September 13 bye-election to Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Antagarh Assembly seat has brought to fore infighting in the party.
Actress-turned-politician Kirron Kher today said she is planning to get a Media and Film City for Chandigarh.
At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Motorists in Chandigarh may be wary of being caught by traffic policemen but the latter are themselves also at the receiving end from certain drivers.
Situation in Pong dam continued to remain worrisome as water level in reservoir was about 35 feet less than what it was on corresponding day last year due to deficient rain in catchment areas.
With water level in Pong dam remaining "worrisome" due to "deficient" rains in catchment areas, Bhakra Beas Management Board on Tuesday said a decision on cutting down water release from the reservoir will be taken in consultation with three partnering states next week.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) today took a dig at BJP MLA Anil Joshi and asked him not to politicise the matter, after the Punjab government decided to rollback the `advance tax on stock`.
Senior Haryana IAS officer Pradeep Kasni, who red-flagged appointment of new information commissioners by the Hooda government, today accused the state Chief Secretary of threatening him.
The apex consumer commission has dismissed an appeal filed by a real estate developer against a direction to pay nearly Rs 65 lakh to two persons who had jointly booked a flat in its project.
Veteran BJP leader Kaptan Singh Solanki was sworn-in as the new Governor of Haryana on Sunday.
Former college professor and BJP leader from Madhya Pradesh Kaptan Singh Solanki will be sworn in as Haryana governor Sunday, officials said here Saturday.
A Chandigarh Police constable on Friday shot his wife dead with his service pistol at the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 here following an altercation. He later attempted to shoot himself but was overpowered, police said.
Taking forward its plan of developing the game at grassroots level in the country, Hockey India Thursday appointed former coach Sukhvir Singh Grewal as the High Performance Manager of North zone.
The row over a separate SGPC in Congress-ruled Haryana on Friday grew into a full-blown battle between the state on one hand and Akali Dal-BJP ruled Punjab and the Centre on the other as Haryana refused to accept Union Home Ministry`s directive to have a Bill in this regard withdrawn.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today urged the Union government to expedite formalities for setting up of two training centres near Chandigarh.
Amid a growing controversy over the issue, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday said a committee set up by the state government on the issue of a separate managing committee for Haryana gurudwaras was in favour of a separate Sikh body for the purpose.
Congress will focus on youths in allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Haryana, party General Secretray Shakeel Ahmed said on Tuesday.
Light to moderate showers today brought down temperatures in most parts of north India, including in Uttar Pradesh, where three persons died in rain-related incidents.
The Punjab Government today launched a round-the-clock helpline to assist people, particularly in rural and interior areas, in getting information on health problems and access to a qualified doctor.
Nearly 700 people from Punjab and Haryana are stuck in strife-torn Iraq, officials from both states said Sunday.
Total 87 people from Haryana, mostly young men, are stranded in strife-torn Iraq, a government spokesman said Friday.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today announced an additional allowance of Rs 400 per month to multi-purpose health workers and supervisors in the state.
The Civil Aviation Ministry has given its nod to start of international flights from Chandigarh to Dubai and Bangkok soon, Punjab government said on Thursday said.
Heatwave today continued to sweep across Punjab and Haryana with the mercury hovering few notches above normal.
The Union Territory of Chandigarh experienced sultry weather with a maximum temperature of 40.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
Unseasonal rains in northern region of the country has caused sharp drop in demand for power in Punjab, brining relief for state power utility which is now in the process of buying short term power to meet gap between demand and supply.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' beats 'Baahubali', celebrates Rs 400 crore worldwide collections
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!