The survey conducted by South Korean electronics firm LG showed, amongst the metros, people in Delhi are the happiest while those in Mumbai are the least happy.
Chandigarh police Friday claimed to have arrested one person for alleged misappropriation of funds of a housing society here.
Chandigarh could be the first Indian smart city as the government moves to create many hi-tech cities in the country.
Three persons died and 31 others fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a religious event in Chhattisgarh's Balodabazar-Bhatapara district, police said on Monday.
A dreaded woman Maoist, carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh on her head, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district on Sunday, police said.
Four Maoists, including a former commander of Jan Militia group, surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Naxal-hit Kondagaon district, police said on Sunday.
Children who have lost their parents in Naxal violence in Chhattisgarh will be given priority for admission in schools nearby their native place or according to their choice, a state minister said on Tuesday.
The surprise move by Congress candidate to withdraw nomination from the September 13 bye-election to Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Antagarh Assembly seat has brought to fore infighting in the party.
Actress-turned-politician Kirron Kher today said she is planning to get a Media and Film City for Chandigarh.
At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Motorists in Chandigarh may be wary of being caught by traffic policemen but the latter are themselves also at the receiving end from certain drivers.
Situation in Pong dam continued to remain worrisome as water level in reservoir was about 35 feet less than what it was on corresponding day last year due to deficient rain in catchment areas.
With water level in Pong dam remaining "worrisome" due to "deficient" rains in catchment areas, Bhakra Beas Management Board on Tuesday said a decision on cutting down water release from the reservoir will be taken in consultation with three partnering states next week.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) today took a dig at BJP MLA Anil Joshi and asked him not to politicise the matter, after the Punjab government decided to rollback the `advance tax on stock`.
Senior Haryana IAS officer Pradeep Kasni, who red-flagged appointment of new information commissioners by the Hooda government, today accused the state Chief Secretary of threatening him.
The apex consumer commission has dismissed an appeal filed by a real estate developer against a direction to pay nearly Rs 65 lakh to two persons who had jointly booked a flat in its project.
Veteran BJP leader Kaptan Singh Solanki was sworn-in as the new Governor of Haryana on Sunday.
Former college professor and BJP leader from Madhya Pradesh Kaptan Singh Solanki will be sworn in as Haryana governor Sunday, officials said here Saturday.
A Chandigarh Police constable on Friday shot his wife dead with his service pistol at the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 here following an altercation. He later attempted to shoot himself but was overpowered, police said.
Low cost airline AirAsia (India) will connect Bangalore with Chandigarh and Jaipur this September for around Rs 1,999 and ticket bookings will open soon, a top company official said Thursday.
Taking forward its plan of developing the game at grassroots level in the country, Hockey India Thursday appointed former coach Sukhvir Singh Grewal as the High Performance Manager of North zone.
The row over a separate SGPC in Congress-ruled Haryana on Friday grew into a full-blown battle between the state on one hand and Akali Dal-BJP ruled Punjab and the Centre on the other as Haryana refused to accept Union Home Ministry`s directive to have a Bill in this regard withdrawn.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today urged the Union government to expedite formalities for setting up of two training centres near Chandigarh.
Amid a growing controversy over the issue, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday said a committee set up by the state government on the issue of a separate managing committee for Haryana gurudwaras was in favour of a separate Sikh body for the purpose.
Congress will focus on youths in allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Haryana, party General Secretray Shakeel Ahmed said on Tuesday.
Light to moderate showers today brought down temperatures in most parts of north India, including in Uttar Pradesh, where three persons died in rain-related incidents.
The Punjab Government today launched a round-the-clock helpline to assist people, particularly in rural and interior areas, in getting information on health problems and access to a qualified doctor.
Nearly 700 people from Punjab and Haryana are stuck in strife-torn Iraq, officials from both states said Sunday.
Total 87 people from Haryana, mostly young men, are stranded in strife-torn Iraq, a government spokesman said Friday.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today announced an additional allowance of Rs 400 per month to multi-purpose health workers and supervisors in the state.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma