BJP should be worried about lawlessness in Gujarat: Kapil Sibal
New Delhi: Union minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday attacked BJP for its charge that Congress was misusing CBI in the Ishrat Jahan case. He said that the Opposition party instead should be asked how its government in Gujarat was misusing the state police by taking "innocent lives".
The Law minister also said the CBI was not investigating the encounter case at the instance of the Centre but it was being monitored by court.
"I wish Rajnath Singh ji had reacted sensitively to this matter. Instead of saying the CBI is used, he should ask how the Gujarat Police was being used but the right question is not being asked.
"He should be asking his own people and Narendra Modi how did this happen in Gujarat. They should be worried about lawlessness in Gujarat and how the state officials were complicit in actually taking innocent lives through fake encounters," he told reporters here.
Sibal was responding to questions on the charges of BJP and CBI`s chargesheet in the Ishrat Jahan case.
"How can we misuse the CBI? The CBI is not investigating this matter at our instance and many of these matters are investigated by the court and the court is monitoring it," he said.
Referring to posers on CBI questioning a senior IB officer in the case, he said that the "fake" information was not given by Congress or the UPA government to the state police. "The encounter was not done by us," he said.
Taking a dig at BJP, he said the party should be asked how it got its leader L K Advani out of the CBI chargesheet in the Ayodhya demolition case.
"Please ask the BJP and their distinguished ex-law minister how they got Advani out of the CBI charge sheet," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical