‘BJP to dislodge UPA to bring economic reforms’
New Delhi: Accusing the UPA of pursuing wrong economic policies, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said his party will overthrow the Congress-led alliance to bring the country back on the path of economic growth.
"There is negative growth in all the sectors. In UPA-I,
government blamed Left parties for blocking economic reforms,
but now Left parties are not there and even then no decision
is taking place. The wrong economic policies and bad
governance are responsible for this," Gadkari said.
Addressing a conference organized by Traders and Industry
Cell of BJP, Gadkari said the UPA was devoid of any leadership
or vision and was fast losing its credibility.
"There is no leadership in UPA and its credibility is
being questioned... We will overthrow this government. BJP is
the only political party which is preparing Indian Vision
document 2025 covering 58 different sectors," he said.
Promising enough power and adequate cold storage
facilities to farmers, Gadkari said the BJP`s ambition is to
ensure 12 per cent growth in GDP and 10 per cent growth in the
Targeting the government for its definition of BPL
category, he said, "I wish Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh
could tell us how to survive with Rs 25 and Rs 35."
Stressing that experts from different sectors must join
politics, he said, "Politics is not a business. BJP is not the
party for those who want to become MP and MLA to earn money.
Respect should be commanded and not demanded."
On the introduction of FDI in retail, a decision put on
hold by the Centre, the BJP chief asked whether the government
has no other solution to offer to deal with the current
"Government shamelessly favored FDI in retail sector.
Does it not have any other solution to promote growth? Our 65
per cent population is dependent on agriculture and how will
traders survive if villages don`t earn money," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read