Chhattisgarh attack: Will never bow down before Naxalism, says PM
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: Following the tragic and dastardly attack on Congress leaders and activists by Naxals in Chhattisgarh, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday said that the country will never bow down before Naxalism.
"This incident should inspire fight against forces of extremism," PM said.
Speaking to the media, the Prime Minister said Naxalism problem needs to be dealt with sternly.
Condemning yesterday`s barbaric killings, Dr Singh said that those who have lost their lives in this barbaric attack are martyrs of democracy.
Dr Singh announced an ex gratia relief of Rs 5 lacs from the PM`s National Relief Fund to the families of those who have lost their lives.
Dr Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi reached here on Sunday to offer their condolences and support to the families of those killed and injured.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi said, "I appreciate courage and bravery of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh."
At least 27 people, including senior Congress leader Nand Kumar Patel, Mahendra Karma, were killed and several others injured including senior party leader VC Shukla when heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders inside a dense forest in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The body of Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, who was kidnapped along with his son after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders, was found on Sunday in a forest in Bastar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi