Chhattisgarh attack: Will never bow down before Naxalism, says PM
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: Following the tragic and dastardly attack on Congress leaders and activists by Naxals in Chhattisgarh, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday said that the country will never bow down before Naxalism.
"This incident should inspire fight against forces of extremism," PM said.
Speaking to the media, the Prime Minister said Naxalism problem needs to be dealt with sternly.
Condemning yesterday`s barbaric killings, Dr Singh said that those who have lost their lives in this barbaric attack are martyrs of democracy.
Dr Singh announced an ex gratia relief of Rs 5 lacs from the PM`s National Relief Fund to the families of those who have lost their lives.
Dr Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi reached here on Sunday to offer their condolences and support to the families of those killed and injured.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi said, "I appreciate courage and bravery of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh."
At least 27 people, including senior Congress leader Nand Kumar Patel, Mahendra Karma, were killed and several others injured including senior party leader VC Shukla when heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders inside a dense forest in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The body of Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, who was kidnapped along with his son after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders, was found on Sunday in a forest in Bastar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical