The evil of dowry remains a menace till date in several parts of the country, but women are rising against the archaic practice and standing up for their rights.
Raipur, which is at a distance of approximately 120 km from Bilaspur, recorded a temperature of around 42 degrees Celsius.
The Chhattisgarh Board 10th Result 2017, Chhattisgarh Class 10 Results 2017, CGBSE 10th Result 2017, CG Board 10th Result 2017 will be declared by Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education on April 21 (Friday).
The minister said the welfare schemes announced by the Raman Singh government have created a better environment for economic development of the tribal-dominated regions and also helped win the confidence of the people.
A local was unable to produce valid documents to explain the cash and jewellery he possessed and he was being interrogated to ascertain source of the money.
The villager sustained serious injuries in the incident and was admitted to a hospital in Antagadh from where, he was taken to Raipur for further treatment, police said.
"A case was registered against DU professor Nandini Sundar, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) professor Archana Prasad and others by the police on November 5 at Tongpal police station for the murder of Shamnath Baghel on November 4," Superintendent of Police (SP) of Sukma I.K. Elesela told IANS.
Twenty Naxalites from Chandameta area in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh have surrendered to the police with the help of the local people, Superintendent of Police R.N. Dash said on Tuesday.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Mumbai suffers from water logging due to monsoon rains
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- Modi in US: Donald Trump knows Indo-American job creators back PM Modi
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Aadhaar not valid for travel to Nepal, Bhutan: Home Ministry