In order to give a boost to anti-Naxal operations in Chhattisgarh's worst affected areas, Centre has sanctioned additional deployment of 5,000 troops of mountain-warfare trained ITBP in the state.
The Uttar Pradesh government has chalked out a first-of-its-kind plan to take a group of Hindus and Muslims on a joint pilgrimage.
The Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) will announce the CG Class 10th X Result 2015 on April 28 on cgbse.net and cgbse.nic.in.
Chhattisgarh government has decided to take stringent legal action against those found smoking at public places in the state.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has demanded setting up of defence equipment manufacturing industry in the state.
Three hardcore Maoists, including two women, who were allegedly involved in the deadly Jiram valley and Tadmetla Maoist attacks, surrendered on Monday in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Bastar district.
The ongoing spat between Shirdi Sai Baba devotees and Shankaracharya Swaroopanand Saraswati turned uglier on Monday when a scuffle broke out between their followers during a “Dharma Sansad” (Religious Parliament) organised at Kawardha in Chhattisgarh.
An alleged terrorist escaped from police custody on Sunday by jumping off a moving train in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district.
A CRPF jawan was injured in a gun-battle between security forces and ultras in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Bijapur district, police said on Sunday.
Opposition Congress said the BJP Government in Chhattisgarh has failed to curb human trafficking in the state, where over 17,000 girls and women have gone missing.
Three naxals, including a woman cadre, were arrested from different places in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan today turned down Dwarkapeeth Shankaracharya Swaroopananda Saraswati`s invitation asking them to send a representative to attend a `dharma parishad` in Chhattisgarh, beginning Sunday.
Responding to Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s call, the Chhattisgarh government will be constructing nearly one lakh "pucca" toilets in next three months, with the state government already having drafted a plan for the purpose.
The Assistant General Manager of Steel Authority of India`s Bhilai Steel Plant allegedly was found dead at his residence in Chhattisgarh`s Durg district, the police said.
ongress is likely to face an uphill task during next month`s by-poll for Antagarh Assembly constituency in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district where it suffered a blow at the hands of ruling BJP in last year`s Assembly elections.
Congress is likely to face an uphill task during next month`s by-poll for Antagarh Assembly constituency in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district where it suffered a blow at the hands of ruling BJP in last year`s Assembly elections.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh thanked the Centre for increasing royalty rates on minerals and said it will boost up the annual mineral revenue collection of the state to over Rs 4,000 crore in the current fiscal.
Four Maoists, including a former commander of Jan Militia group, surrendered in Chhattisgarh`s Naxal-hit Kondagaon district, police said on Thursday.
The union cabinet Wednesday approved provision of mobile phone services at 2,199 locations in 10 states affected by Left-wing extremism.
Seven Maoists, including their two self-styled hardcore deputy commanders, involved in serious criminal offences on Wednesday surrendered before the CRPF here.
The principal of a private school has been arrested for allegedly molesting two girl students in Chhattisgarh`s Durg district, police said on Wendesday.
Responding to Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s call for `Clean India` initiative and focus on school sanitation, Chhattisgarh Government has decided to construct toilets in as many as 100 schools.
Responding to PM Narendra Modi`s call for `Clean India` initiative and focus on school sanitation, Chhattisgarh Government has decided to construct toilets in as many as 100 schools.
Three Cobra jawans were on Wednesday injured in a gun-battle between paramilitary forces and Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Dantewada district.
Three Cobra jawans were on Tuesday injured in a gun-battle between paramilitary forces and Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Dantewada district.
A Maoist couple, carrying a reward of Rs 3 lakh, surrendered in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kondagaon district on Monday.
CRPF, which lost 75 men in a deadly naxal ambush in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada in 2010, unfurled the tri-colour at the same encounter spot as a mark of domination of the area on the occasion of the Independence Day.
Chief Minister Raman Singh today stressed that the state government will overcome the hindrances in development in the left wing extremism (LWE) areas of the state while marching ahead in the path of inclusive growth.
A CRPF jawan was on Friday injured in an IED explosion triggered by naxals in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
JMM supremo Shibu Soren was today authorised by the party to take a final decision on matters relating to pre-poll alliance with "secular and progressive" political parties.
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Govt may ask airlines to reduce price of air fares
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Image of drowned Syrian toddler leaves the world in tears
- President Pranab reaches out to students on eve of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Analysis of break up of 'grand alliance' in Bihar
- Why are children so angry nowadays?
- DNA: China holds military parade, announces 3 lakh troop cut
- PM Modi to flag off Faridabad metro on September 6
- PM Modi interacts with students in honour of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Today in History, September 03
- Sheena Bora murder: Police to send Siddharth Das' DNA samples for tests
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players
- Khans choose their directors: Nikhil Advani
- Weak monsoon pushes Delhi's air quality into downward plummet
- Death of Aylan Kurdi: Distraught father of drowned boy pours his heart out
- Syed Ali Geelani lauds Pakistan's stand on Kashmir, reveals secret letter
- Chennai-Mangalore Express derails in Tamil Nadu, 39 passengers injured
- 'Skeletal remains recovered from Raigad most likely of Sheena Bora'
- Will wait for Modi govt's implementation on construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya: RSS
- Europe turning Mediterranean into graveyard: Turkish President Erdogan
- Welcome Back movie review: Anil Kapoor-Nana Patekar, how do you do it so well?
- ‘Bigg Boss 9’: Know what’s the theme for this season