The minister said the welfare schemes announced by the Raman Singh government have created a better environment for economic development of the tribal-dominated regions and also helped win the confidence of the people.
A local was unable to produce valid documents to explain the cash and jewellery he possessed and he was being interrogated to ascertain source of the money.
The villager sustained serious injuries in the incident and was admitted to a hospital in Antagadh from where, he was taken to Raipur for further treatment, police said.
"A case was registered against DU professor Nandini Sundar, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) professor Archana Prasad and others by the police on November 5 at Tongpal police station for the murder of Shamnath Baghel on November 4," Superintendent of Police (SP) of Sukma I.K. Elesela told IANS.
Twenty Naxalites from Chandameta area in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh have surrendered to the police with the help of the local people, Superintendent of Police R.N. Dash said on Tuesday.
In an extremely unfortunate incident, at least 13 people were killed and 53 others injured when a bus fell off a small bridge into a dry rivulet in Chhattisgarh.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Good news for small traders: Withdrawal limit from current accounts doubled to Rs 1 lakh per week
- Salman Khan Acquitted in Arms Act Case Jodhpur Court—As it happened
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Nokia 6 to go on sale from January 19; gets over 1 million registrations