Chinese incursions: This is no time for scoring points, Khurshid tells Oppn
Moscow: As the government came under opposition attack on dealing with Chinese incursions, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid today said this was not the time for scoring points but for speaking in one voice.
"Nation must give a clear signal that we speak in one voice. This is no time for scoring points," Khurshid said here when asked about the opposition uproar over the Chinese incursions in the Depsang Valley in Ladakh.
He said the government would do what is best in the national interest and "I think we should not blow anything out of proportion".
Khurshid hit back at the BJP saying there were a lot of thing the party should not have done when it was in power.
"They should not have gone on the bus to Pakistan. But, I dont think this is the way we handle foreign policy," he said.
Yesterday, BJP demanded that Khurshid`s visit to China on May 9 be cancelled over the issue of Chinese incursion and slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for calling it a "localised problem".
The Government on its part said India is trying its best to deal with the incursion issue in a constructive manner, as the standoff between India and China on Chinese troops entering Indian territory a fortnight back continued.
BJP President Rajnath Singh said Khurshid should not visit China till it withdraws its army personnel from Depsang Valley in eastern Ladakh while party colleague Arun Jaitley said the prime minister`s remark gave an impression that the UPA government was treating the incursion as a "non-issue".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!