Chinese troops withdraw from Daulat Beg Oldi sector
New Delhi: The Chinese troops have pulled back from Daulat Beg Oldi sector in Ladakh where they had intruded on April 15, it was confirmed today even as India was considering a proposal from China to have more friendly contacts between the Armies of the two countries.
A day after flag meetings were held to work out the modalities and arrangements to restore the status quo ante in the sector, sources said they have got a confirmation on the arrangements being completed today.
Sources said the Army`s Unmanned Aerial Vehicles operating in Eastern Ladakh have confirmed that the Chinese platoon camping in Depsang valley has gone back to its side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Denying that any deal was struck to reach the agreement to restore status quo as it existed prior to April 15 when the Chinese troops intruded 19 km into the Indian territory, sources said India has only "taken-off" a "tin-shed" construction done in Chumar on April 18.
Meanwhile, India is considering a Chinese proposal `Border Defence Cooperation Agreement` (BDCA) aimed at expanding friendly contacts and more communication between the troops of the two sides on the ground which will help in avoiding any misunderstanding or flare-up along the LAC, sources said.
A note on the BDCA is soon expected to be circulated to all stake-holders, including the Defence Ministry, and a final call on it will be taken by the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), sources said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video