Chouhan condemns Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Bhopal: Terming the Naxal attack on Congress leaders` convoy in Chhattisgarh as "an attack on the Indian political system", Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan expressed condolence over the killing of party leader Mahendra Karma in the incident on Saturday evening.
"The attack has exposed the ugly face of Naxalism. It is an attack on the Indian political system," the Chief Minister said, expressing shock at the dastardly act.
"By attacking in this manner Naxalites would not be able to weaken the people`s confidence and their morale," Chouhan said.
Congress leader Mahendra Karma was killed while former union minister V C Shukla was injured in the attack in Jagdalpur district on Saturday.
The Maoists also kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video