Chouhan condemns Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Bhopal: Terming the Naxal attack on Congress leaders` convoy in Chhattisgarh as "an attack on the Indian political system", Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan expressed condolence over the killing of party leader Mahendra Karma in the incident on Saturday evening.
"The attack has exposed the ugly face of Naxalism. It is an attack on the Indian political system," the Chief Minister said, expressing shock at the dastardly act.
"By attacking in this manner Naxalites would not be able to weaken the people`s confidence and their morale," Chouhan said.
Congress leader Mahendra Karma was killed while former union minister V C Shukla was injured in the attack in Jagdalpur district on Saturday.
The Maoists also kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley