Chouhan condemns Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Bhopal: Terming the Naxal attack on Congress leaders` convoy in Chhattisgarh as "an attack on the Indian political system", Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan expressed condolence over the killing of party leader Mahendra Karma in the incident on Saturday evening.
"The attack has exposed the ugly face of Naxalism. It is an attack on the Indian political system," the Chief Minister said, expressing shock at the dastardly act.
"By attacking in this manner Naxalites would not be able to weaken the people`s confidence and their morale," Chouhan said.
Congress leader Mahendra Karma was killed while former union minister V C Shukla was injured in the attack in Jagdalpur district on Saturday.
The Maoists also kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption