Chouhan condemns Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Bhopal: Terming the Naxal attack on Congress leaders` convoy in Chhattisgarh as "an attack on the Indian political system", Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan expressed condolence over the killing of party leader Mahendra Karma in the incident on Saturday evening.
"The attack has exposed the ugly face of Naxalism. It is an attack on the Indian political system," the Chief Minister said, expressing shock at the dastardly act.
"By attacking in this manner Naxalites would not be able to weaken the people`s confidence and their morale," Chouhan said.
Congress leader Mahendra Karma was killed while former union minister V C Shukla was injured in the attack in Jagdalpur district on Saturday.
The Maoists also kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror