Chouhan condemns Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Bhopal: Terming the Naxal attack on Congress leaders` convoy in Chhattisgarh as "an attack on the Indian political system", Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan expressed condolence over the killing of party leader Mahendra Karma in the incident on Saturday evening.
"The attack has exposed the ugly face of Naxalism. It is an attack on the Indian political system," the Chief Minister said, expressing shock at the dastardly act.
"By attacking in this manner Naxalites would not be able to weaken the people`s confidence and their morale," Chouhan said.
Congress leader Mahendra Karma was killed while former union minister V C Shukla was injured in the attack in Jagdalpur district on Saturday.
The Maoists also kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site