`Common man will be burdened with Budget 2012`
New Delhi: Left parties on Friday attacked the
Union Budget, saying it will increase the financial burden on
common people and lead to rise in prices.
"The roadmap given by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
makes it clear that this budget will increase financial burden
on common people," CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury told
reporters outside Parliament.
"There is a relief of Rs 4,500 crore in Direct Taxes but
there is a burden of Rs 45,000 crore in Indirect Taxes. This
will result in increase in prices and will further burden
common people," he said.
The Finance Minister said that we are on the brink of a
resurgent India but "instead of creating an inclusive pattern
of growth, in the name of fiscal consolidation, the burden is
being put more on people. This is not bearable and not
justifiable and not acceptable," he said.
CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said the budget was
"purposeless and clerical" one.
There was no need for a Finance Minister to present this
budget as it could have been done by a Government clerk as it
is "purposeless and direction-less", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'