Congress, rupee falling at same time: Narendra Modi
Madhopur (Punjab): Taking a jibe at the Congress, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday said the party and the rupee were falling at the same time.
"These days, the Congress party and the rupee are in a competition - to fall. Every day, they are in competition on who is falling more," Modi said.
"The country is getting ruined but the government is not doing anything," he alleged.
The rupee has fallen to its lowest value against the US dollar, touching nearly Rs.60 to a dollar.
The United Progressive Aliance (UPA) government has been embroiled in several scams in the last three years. These include the coal block allocation scam, Commonwealth Games scam, helicopter purchase scam, high-level appointments in railways scam and others.
Modi said that the multi-million rupee advertisement campaign started by the UPA government to highlight its achievements had also been taken off in the last few days.
"The ads worth millions and billions are not being shown in the last 10 days. I had questioned the campaign," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users