Congress, rupee falling at same time: Narendra Modi
Madhopur (Punjab): Taking a jibe at the Congress, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday said the party and the rupee were falling at the same time.
"These days, the Congress party and the rupee are in a competition - to fall. Every day, they are in competition on who is falling more," Modi said.
"The country is getting ruined but the government is not doing anything," he alleged.
The rupee has fallen to its lowest value against the US dollar, touching nearly Rs.60 to a dollar.
The United Progressive Aliance (UPA) government has been embroiled in several scams in the last three years. These include the coal block allocation scam, Commonwealth Games scam, helicopter purchase scam, high-level appointments in railways scam and others.
Modi said that the multi-million rupee advertisement campaign started by the UPA government to highlight its achievements had also been taken off in the last few days.
"The ads worth millions and billions are not being shown in the last 10 days. I had questioned the campaign," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee