Congress, rupee falling at same time: Narendra Modi
Madhopur (Punjab): Taking a jibe at the Congress, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday said the party and the rupee were falling at the same time.
"These days, the Congress party and the rupee are in a competition - to fall. Every day, they are in competition on who is falling more," Modi said.
"The country is getting ruined but the government is not doing anything," he alleged.
The rupee has fallen to its lowest value against the US dollar, touching nearly Rs.60 to a dollar.
The United Progressive Aliance (UPA) government has been embroiled in several scams in the last three years. These include the coal block allocation scam, Commonwealth Games scam, helicopter purchase scam, high-level appointments in railways scam and others.
Modi said that the multi-million rupee advertisement campaign started by the UPA government to highlight its achievements had also been taken off in the last few days.
"The ads worth millions and billions are not being shown in the last 10 days. I had questioned the campaign," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI