Congress to set up social media wings in 5 poll-bound states
New Delhi: Congress will set up new communication teams with a separate wing dedicated to social media in all the five poll-bound states of Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram.
"We are trying to set up our communication teams in all states within two-three months and to start with, we will do it in the five states where assembly elections are due this year," AICC Communication Department Chairman Ajay Maken said here today.
To begin with, Maken and AICC general secretary in-charge for Madhya Pradesh, Mohan Prakash, will address a media workshop for party workers in the BJP-ruled state tomorrow.
Congress will also hold a national workshop on social media in the national capital on August 22 to build up the party`s communication strategy and to institutionalise a framework for it in all states ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
A number of Union ministers and senior party leaders will address the workshop.
There was speculation that Rahul Gandhi might address the social media workshop on the lines of the two-day media session organised by the party on July 22-23 here. However, party sources said the Congress vice president won`t be addressing the workshop.
Party sources said there is a realisation in Congress that BJP and its poll mascot Narendra Modi are way ahead in their presence on social media and there have been attempts by the ruling party at the Centre to take on the Gujarat Chief Minister on Twitter.
After the July media workshop, the party has set up social media teams in few states, they said.
The issue of social media preparedness of Congress vis-a-vis BJP had recently figured during the first meeting of the party`s sub-group on manifesto for next Lok Sabha polls.
Recently, AICC had also appointed two new national media coordinators to streamline its presence on television channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister