Court reserves order on PIL seeking FIR against Amar Singh
New Delhi: A sessions court has reserved for March 1 its order on a plea by a key witness of the 2008 cash-for-vote case challenging a magistrate`s order, which had
rejected his complaint to lodge an FIR against Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh and two others for allegedly kidnapping him.
Hashmat Ali, a key witness in the cash-for-vote case, has filed a revision petition in the sessions court challenging a December 12 order saying the magistrate had committed "legal error" by dismissing his plea as offences were clearly made
out against Singh, his secretary Tarun and aide Ramesh.
Ali alleged that Tarun and his aide Ramesh had kidnapped him from Khan Market here on September 25, 2008, the day he was to depose before a parliamentary inquiry committee probing the case.
Additional Sessions Judge Neena Bansal Krishna has reserved the order after hearing the submissions put forward by Ali`s counsel.
"Submissions heard. To come up for orders on March 1," the judge said.
Ali, in his plea, said the magistrate had "ignored" the material placed on record by him and proceeded on the basis of the "unfair inquiry" conducted by the Delhi Police.
"The trial court has committed legal error by dismissing the petition of the petitioner (Ali) whereas the cognizable offences are clearly made out against all the accused and it was a fit case for order, directing the SHO Tuglak Road, to register criminal case against the accused...," he said.
Ali said that the magistrate had "wrongly appreciated the status report filed by the police ignoring the complaint which clearly indicates that cognizable offence is committed by the accused."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani