CVC to head global task force on anti-corruption
New Delhi: Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar will head a 10-member global task force to plan a knowledge management system to promote global cooperation in anti-corruption measures and keep check on black money.
"Central Vigilance Commission has been chosen to lead the global task force and prepare a knowledge management system. It will be a first-of-its-kind which will help in promoting international cooperation in anti-corruption measures," Kumar said.
It will help in dealing effectively with transnational crimes and check on illegal proceedings, he said.
The knowledge management system will also facilitate exchange of information about anti-corruption organisations, systems, procedures, practices and experiences among anti- corruption authorities and other stake holders across the world, Kumar said.
The decision to assign the role of heading the task force to the probity watchdog was taken recently by International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA), an independent, non-political anti-corruption organisation of more than 300 members including India.
A preliminary meeting of the task force was held on October 4 at Kuala Lumpur to work out a future course of action.
The project involves development of a centralised user friendly information handling system to gather data about anti-corruption activities around the world and process them into information useful to all stakeholders.
The CVC will provide the infrastructure, facilities and secretariat services to the task force which would function from the Commission`s office here. "A fully functional knowledge management facility is expected to be set up within a year," Kumar said.
The members of the task force includes Luiz A F Navarro, Deputy Controller General, Brazil, Y E Feng, Secretary General, IAACA, Eduardo Vetere, Vice-President, IAACA, Italy, Dimitri Vlassis, Chief Corruption and Economic Crime, UNODC, Vienna and Francesca Recanatini, Senior Public Sector Specialist, World Bank.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay