CVC to head global task force on anti-corruption
New Delhi: Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar will head a 10-member global task force to plan a knowledge management system to promote global cooperation in anti-corruption measures and keep check on black money.
"Central Vigilance Commission has been chosen to lead the global task force and prepare a knowledge management system. It will be a first-of-its-kind which will help in promoting international cooperation in anti-corruption measures," Kumar said.
It will help in dealing effectively with transnational crimes and check on illegal proceedings, he said.
The knowledge management system will also facilitate exchange of information about anti-corruption organisations, systems, procedures, practices and experiences among anti- corruption authorities and other stake holders across the world, Kumar said.
The decision to assign the role of heading the task force to the probity watchdog was taken recently by International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA), an independent, non-political anti-corruption organisation of more than 300 members including India.
A preliminary meeting of the task force was held on October 4 at Kuala Lumpur to work out a future course of action.
The project involves development of a centralised user friendly information handling system to gather data about anti-corruption activities around the world and process them into information useful to all stakeholders.
The CVC will provide the infrastructure, facilities and secretariat services to the task force which would function from the Commission`s office here. "A fully functional knowledge management facility is expected to be set up within a year," Kumar said.
The members of the task force includes Luiz A F Navarro, Deputy Controller General, Brazil, Y E Feng, Secretary General, IAACA, Eduardo Vetere, Vice-President, IAACA, Italy, Dimitri Vlassis, Chief Corruption and Economic Crime, UNODC, Vienna and Francesca Recanatini, Senior Public Sector Specialist, World Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city