Dalit leader welcomes reservation in Lokpal
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj on Wednesday welcomed the Union Cabinet`s decision to include reservation for SC, ST, OBC and other weaker section in the ambit of the proposed Lokpal.
Raj, Chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST
Organisations, also took a dig at Team Anna and said they
should understand their "weaknesses."
"They might have organised big shows at Ramlila ground
and Jantar Mantar but the majority of silent section of people
is not necessarily with them," he said in a release.
There is no doubt that Anna Hazare has aroused the
consciousness of the country on corruption but they should
wait and watch what Parliament is going to do, he said.
"After all, Parliament is the will of about 120 crore
people and thus they (Team Anna) should have faith in
democracy," he said.
While welcoming the Government draft of Lokpal Bill which
was approved by Cabinet yesterday, he suggested that Lokpal
selection panel should not have more than two judges and that
members from other fields like journalism and education also
be made part of the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city