Dalit leader welcomes reservation in Lokpal
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj on Wednesday welcomed the Union Cabinet`s decision to include reservation for SC, ST, OBC and other weaker section in the ambit of the proposed Lokpal.
Raj, Chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST
Organisations, also took a dig at Team Anna and said they
should understand their "weaknesses."
"They might have organised big shows at Ramlila ground
and Jantar Mantar but the majority of silent section of people
is not necessarily with them," he said in a release.
There is no doubt that Anna Hazare has aroused the
consciousness of the country on corruption but they should
wait and watch what Parliament is going to do, he said.
"After all, Parliament is the will of about 120 crore
people and thus they (Team Anna) should have faith in
democracy," he said.
While welcoming the Government draft of Lokpal Bill which
was approved by Cabinet yesterday, he suggested that Lokpal
selection panel should not have more than two judges and that
members from other fields like journalism and education also
be made part of the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport