Dalit leader welcomes reservation in Lokpal
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj on Wednesday welcomed the Union Cabinet`s decision to include reservation for SC, ST, OBC and other weaker section in the ambit of the proposed Lokpal.
Raj, Chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST
Organisations, also took a dig at Team Anna and said they
should understand their "weaknesses."
"They might have organised big shows at Ramlila ground
and Jantar Mantar but the majority of silent section of people
is not necessarily with them," he said in a release.
There is no doubt that Anna Hazare has aroused the
consciousness of the country on corruption but they should
wait and watch what Parliament is going to do, he said.
"After all, Parliament is the will of about 120 crore
people and thus they (Team Anna) should have faith in
democracy," he said.
While welcoming the Government draft of Lokpal Bill which
was approved by Cabinet yesterday, he suggested that Lokpal
selection panel should not have more than two judges and that
members from other fields like journalism and education also
be made part of the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez