Dalit leader welcomes reservation in Lokpal
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj on Wednesday welcomed the Union Cabinet`s decision to include reservation for SC, ST, OBC and other weaker section in the ambit of the proposed Lokpal.
Raj, Chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST
Organisations, also took a dig at Team Anna and said they
should understand their "weaknesses."
"They might have organised big shows at Ramlila ground
and Jantar Mantar but the majority of silent section of people
is not necessarily with them," he said in a release.
There is no doubt that Anna Hazare has aroused the
consciousness of the country on corruption but they should
wait and watch what Parliament is going to do, he said.
"After all, Parliament is the will of about 120 crore
people and thus they (Team Anna) should have faith in
democracy," he said.
While welcoming the Government draft of Lokpal Bill which
was approved by Cabinet yesterday, he suggested that Lokpal
selection panel should not have more than two judges and that
members from other fields like journalism and education also
be made part of the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal