Engineer jailed in Pak for 5 yrs, returns home
Mumbai: Mumbai-based software engineer who claimed to have inadvertently crossed over to Pakistan in 2007 by Samjhauta Express, and was jailed for five years there, returned home on Friday.
"It feels good to be back. I am happy," Bhavesh Parmar told reporters at the airport after his arrival here this afternoon.
His mother Hansa Kanti thanked Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde and MP Priya Dutt for their help.
Hegde, who helped his family to take up the matter of his repatriation with Indian and Pakistan governments, said, "He was handed over to us after completion of necessary formalities at the border yesterday."
32-year-old Parmar, a resident of suburban Vile Parle, crossed over to India at the Attari-Wagah border check post yesterday, and was received by his mother and Hegde.
After spending five years in detention in Pakistan`s Kot Lakhpat Jail at Lahore, Bhavesh was given `Emergency Travel Certificate` by Indian High Commission in Islamabad to enable his return to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video