Govt to launch Kudankulam power plant after report
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said it would
take steps to launch the controversial Kudankulam Nuclear
Power plant after a committee appointed by the Tamil Nadu
Government submits its report and made it clear that Russian
scientists would continue to remain at the plant site.
Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V
Narayanasamy said the Centre was waiting for the report of the
high-level committee headed by M R Srinivasan even as a panel
constituted by the Centre gave a clean chit to the project.
"We welcome the constitution of a committee by the Tamil
Nadu Government. We hope that the committeee will start its
work soon and submit its report. We will take steps to launch
the plant after the report is submitted," he told reporters
Asked about the comments by Russian Ambassador to India
Alexander M Kadakin`s comments that said his country could not
allow its scientists to remain idle indefinitely, the Minister
said the Government has spoken to the scientists and with
Russian Government authorities.
"We have spoken to the scientists and also to the
government of Russia. The scientists would remain there in
Kudankulam," he said.
Narayanasamy said Tamil Nadu would get 1,000 MW of power
when the Kudankulam plant becomes operational.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'