Graft case: Court grants bail to Ramadoss, 8 others
New Delhi: Former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss and eight others, accused in a corruption case relating to the grant of illegal permission to a medical college to admit students, were on Saturday granted bail by a Delhi Court.
Special Judge Talwant Singh enlarged the nine accused on bail considering that they were not arrested during the CBI probe and have co-operated during the investigation.
"Keeping in view that the accused persons have co-operated during the investigation and they were not arrested during the investigation and the charge sheet has already been filed...
"..And the material relied upon by the CBI has already been filed in the court, all the accused are entitled to bail on a personal bond of Rs one lakh with a surety of the like amount," the court said.
The former health minister is facing prosecution for allegedly granting permission to the college, which did not have sufficient faculty members or clinical infrastructure to run the course.
PMK leader Ramadoss has been chargesheeted for allegedly abusing his official position in permitting Indore-based Index Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (IMCHRC) to admit students without having sufficient faculty members and clinical infrastructure.
Besides Ramadoss, the court granted bail to Cabinet Secretariat Director KVS Rao, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare`s (MHFW) Section Officer Sudershan Kumar and Dr J S Dhupia and Dr Dipendra Kumar Gupta of Safdarjung Hospital.
Accused Dr SK Tongia, former dean of IMCHRC, Medical Director of the college Dr KK Saxena as also Nitin Gothwal and Dr Pawan Bhambani were also granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why