H5N1 outbreak: Union Health Ministry team goes to Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: Following reports about the outbreak of Avian flu in poultry farms in Durg and Bastar districts of Chhattisgarh, a team of Union Health Ministry has gone there to take stock of the situation.
A three-member team, comprising two epidemiologists and a chest physician, has gone to Chhattisgarh to investigate and assist the state authorities to take necessary measures for containment of H5N1 as per the established protocol, Ministry sources said.
The animal husbandry department in the Ministry of Agriculture had informed the Health Ministry that the samples sent from Anjora and Jagdalpur farms have been declared positive by Bhopal`s high security animal diseases laboratory, the sources said.
After discussions with Health Ministry officials, the rapid response team of animal husbandry`s veterinary department started cleaning and sanitation work in an area of 1 km radius of the infected zone, which includes culling of the birds.
The department of animal husbandry has also imposed a ban on the sale and purchase of poultry birds from outside the state for the next two months.
Ministry sources said this is the 19th outbreak of Avian flu reported since 2006 when the first outbreak was reported from Maharashtra.
No human casualty has been reported so far in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015