Hazare to visit Alandi ahead of Mumbai fast
Mumbai: The MMRDA ground at suburban
Bandra-Kurla Complex awaits the arrival of Anna Hazare,
who will be reaching here tomorrow for his three-day protest
fast after visiting the Sant Dnyaneshwar Samadhi en route.
"Anna will leave Ralegan Siddhi tomorrow at 1 pm for
Mumbai by road. On the way he would visit Sant Dnyaneshwar
Samadhi at Alandi near Pune. He will later reach Mumbai and
halt at the state government guest house near the sea-link in
Bandra," his associate Datta Awari told PTI over phone
The 48,000 square metres Mumbai Metropolitan Region
Development Authority (MMRDA) ground has a capacity to
accommodate over 60,000 people. However, it will be
renting out 20,000 square metres for the rally and 10,000
square metres for parking.
MMRDA has specified December 26 for pandal erection and
December 30 for its removal. Team Anna has paid Rs 7.78 lakh
as rent and Rs 5.29 lakh as security deposit for the rally.
Preparations for the event are in full swing. IAC sources
said that at the venue, a room attached with toilet will be
provided to Hazare, along with a cot and continuous supply of
hot water. The Gandhian has caught cold and is convalescing at
IAC volunteer N Srinivas, an architect, will design
"There will be an invitee room for the Core Committee
members and a visitors` room. There will be separate rooms for
security, medical and police personnel. Ambulance services
will be present 24 hours a day.
"A team of doctors, comprising volunteers, will be
present. We will have an information centre, a media room and
a registration counter," IAC coordinator Mayank Gandhi said.
Hazare and key members of his team, Arvind Kejriwal and
Kiran Bedi, are scheduled to fast with him in Mumbai, while
some others will undertake the fast in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS