Hopeful of passage of at least one education bill: Raju
New Delhi: Blaming the opposition for disrupting Parliament and blocking passage of crucial educational bills, HRD minister M M Pallam Raju on Monday said he was hopeful of passage of at least one of the bills in the winter session.
"You have seen how Parliament has got disrupted. I am hopeful that at least one of the (educational) bills will come up," Pallam Raju said.
He was asked about the fate of Educational Tribunal Bill and Prohibition of Unfair Practices Bill, which along with National Accreditation Regulatory Authority for Higher Educational Institutions Bill were slated for debate and passage in the current winter session.
Proceedings in both houses of Parliament have been frequently disrupted on many issues including government`s decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail and introducing a cap on the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders.
"What can we do? If Parliament had functioned smoothly... and I am hoping (will function smoothly) for rest of the week then I am hoping that at least one of the bills can be passed," he said.
The Minister also said that he had already requested Parliamentary Affairs Minister to put up the bills for discussion in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read