Implement minorities` sub-quota: Govt to PSUs
New Delhi: The government today directed the
PSUs to ensure that its decision to carve out 4.5 per cent
sub-quota for minorities out of 27 per cent for OBCs, is
implemented in all recruitments from January 1, this year.
The Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) has written to
the administrative ministries of different Central Public
Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) asking them to seek compliance from
the CEOs of the PSUs on minorities` sub-quota from the quota
for Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
"All administrative ministries/departments concerned with
the CPSEs are requested to bring this position to the notice
of Chief Executives of CPSEs under their administrative
ministries` control and ensure compliance of these
instructions in recruitment/appointments in the CPSEs," the
The Department of Personnel and Training has already
notified the decision taken by the Cabinet on December 22.
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians
(Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under the
National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
The decision is based on the recommendations of the
National Commission for Religious and Linguistic Minorities.
There are 249 CPSEs employing about 15 lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured