India-Afghan ties to deepen post-withdrawal of NATO troops: Envoy
New Delhi: As the withdrawal of NATO troops draws nearer, Afghanistan on Saturday said its "very steady" relationship with India is only going to deepen post-2014.
"As Afghanistan goes through a transition, I think that transition should also be a transition for the region in terms of policies, vision for one another," Afghanistan Ambassador to India Shaida Abdali said.
He said Afghanistan`s relationship with India is "very steady" and New Delhi has no exit strategy in 2014 and beyond. "So, this is going to be a relationship that is going to deepen in future."
Asked about the situation of minorities in Afghanistan, especially Hindus and Sikhs, Abdali said "Afghanistan will only be complete as a nation if it has all segments of its society including Sikhs and Hindus."
"Unfortunately, in the last few years, more in the Taliban-era, Sikhs and Hindus left... We know why they left. That was not an Afghan-represented government that could protect them," he said while addressing journalists at the Press Club of India here.
Abdali pointed out that a seat each in Parliament was now reserved for Sikhs and Hindus and it was an example of how much the Afghanistan government and people respected Afghan Sikhs and Hindus.
"We hope that we will have the return of all Sikhs and Hindus to Afghanistan, that will be the completion of our Afghan society," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered