India, Israel to enhance cooperation on counter-terrorism
New Delhi: India and Israel on Wednesday agreed to enhance dialogue and cooperation in the area of counter- terrorism and discussed terror threats in regional and global arenas.
The discussions were part of the 8th meeting of India- Israel Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism held here.
The Indian delegation was headed by Asoke Kumar Mukerji, Special Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
The Israeli delegation was co-led by Ambassador Jeremy Issascharof, Deputy Director General, Head of Strategic Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Eitan Ben David, Head of Counter Terrorism Bureau at the Prime Minister`s Office.
The delegations comprised representatives from relevant ministries and agencies of the two countries.
Both sides exchanged perceptions of threats emanating from terrorism and emphasised their determination to fight the menace, a MEA statement said.
They discussed terrorist threats in regional and global arenas as well as national counter-terrorism measures, state sponsored terrorism, prevention of transfer of weapons to terrorists, cooperation in multilateral fora and lessons from 26/11 and 13/2 (the day when an Israeli embassy car was attacked last year).
The two sides agreed to enhance dialogue and cooperation in the area of counter-terrorism, the statement said.
The 9th meeting of the JWG will be held in Israel in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon