India, Israel to enhance cooperation on counter-terrorism
New Delhi: India and Israel on Wednesday agreed to enhance dialogue and cooperation in the area of counter- terrorism and discussed terror threats in regional and global arenas.
The discussions were part of the 8th meeting of India- Israel Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism held here.
The Indian delegation was headed by Asoke Kumar Mukerji, Special Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
The Israeli delegation was co-led by Ambassador Jeremy Issascharof, Deputy Director General, Head of Strategic Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Eitan Ben David, Head of Counter Terrorism Bureau at the Prime Minister`s Office.
The delegations comprised representatives from relevant ministries and agencies of the two countries.
Both sides exchanged perceptions of threats emanating from terrorism and emphasised their determination to fight the menace, a MEA statement said.
They discussed terrorist threats in regional and global arenas as well as national counter-terrorism measures, state sponsored terrorism, prevention of transfer of weapons to terrorists, cooperation in multilateral fora and lessons from 26/11 and 13/2 (the day when an Israeli embassy car was attacked last year).
The two sides agreed to enhance dialogue and cooperation in the area of counter-terrorism, the statement said.
The 9th meeting of the JWG will be held in Israel in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister