India- Japan Coast Guards conduct joint exercise
Chennai: As part of strengthening their working
level relationship and refine operating procedures, Indian
Coast Guard and its Japanese counterpart on Sunday conducted a
joint exercise `Sahyog Kaijin XI` off Chennai port.
Vice Admiral MP Muralidharan, Director General of the
Indian Coast Guard and Admiral Hisayasu Suzuki, Commandant of
the Japan Coast Guard witnessed the exercises.
Eight Coast Guard ships, two interceptor boats, an equal
number of hovercrafts besides three Dornier aircraft and three
Chetak helicopters took part in the exercise with the Japanese
Coast Guard Ship Settsu (PLH-07).
A Singapore delegation from `Regional Co-operation
Agreement to Combat piracy and Armed Robbery at Sea in Asia`
also witnessed the exercise, a release said.
The exercise was part of the ongoing series of joint
exercises based on memorandum of co-operation between Indian
Coast Guard and Japanese Coast Guard in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended