India keen on thorium-based reactors
New Delhi: India is pursuing a research programme for developing thorium-based reactors for generation of power, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that thorium played a pivotal role in India`s nuclear power programme.
"Right from the inception of (the) programme, work has been carried out on various aspects of thorium utilization-mining and extraction of thorium.
"In addition, studies have been carried out regarding use of thorium in different types of reactors," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH