India keen on thorium-based reactors
New Delhi: India is pursuing a research programme for developing thorium-based reactors for generation of power, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that thorium played a pivotal role in India`s nuclear power programme.
"Right from the inception of (the) programme, work has been carried out on various aspects of thorium utilization-mining and extraction of thorium.
"In addition, studies have been carried out regarding use of thorium in different types of reactors," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation