India releases Sri Lankan boats, fishermen
New Delhi: The Coast Guard has released 11 Sri Lankan fishermen who were detained in Indian waters in May along with two fishing boats, it was announced on Monday.
A Sri Lankan government statement said the arrests and seizures were made off the Andhra Pradesh coast.
Following the intervention of Sri Lanka`s deputy foreign minister and the help provided by the Indian high commission in Colombo, all 11 men were released over a week ago, the statement said.
"The vessels are expected to reach Sri Lankan shores by Aug 8."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP