India releases Sri Lankan boats, fishermen
New Delhi: The Coast Guard has released 11 Sri Lankan fishermen who were detained in Indian waters in May along with two fishing boats, it was announced on Monday.
A Sri Lankan government statement said the arrests and seizures were made off the Andhra Pradesh coast.
Following the intervention of Sri Lanka`s deputy foreign minister and the help provided by the Indian high commission in Colombo, all 11 men were released over a week ago, the statement said.
"The vessels are expected to reach Sri Lankan shores by Aug 8."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere