India releases Sri Lankan boats, fishermen
New Delhi: The Coast Guard has released 11 Sri Lankan fishermen who were detained in Indian waters in May along with two fishing boats, it was announced on Monday.
A Sri Lankan government statement said the arrests and seizures were made off the Andhra Pradesh coast.
Following the intervention of Sri Lanka`s deputy foreign minister and the help provided by the Indian high commission in Colombo, all 11 men were released over a week ago, the statement said.
"The vessels are expected to reach Sri Lankan shores by Aug 8."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list