India views detection of tunnel in J&K seriously: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: India has viewed seriously the matter of a tunnel being detected from Pakistan side into the country in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector, Defence Minister A K Antony today said.
"Yes, a tunnel has been found. We have taken the matter seriously," Antony said when asked about the detection of 400-mt-long tunnel from Pakistan side into India in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector.
Following the detection of the tunnel, a general inspection across the border area was progressing, Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"I do not want to react more on the matter as a general inspection on the border areas is on," Antony said.
The tunnel, which was apparently dug for infiltration and smuggling, was detected on July 28 after an area caved-in in a straight line at two-three places due to rains near the border fencing near Chillayari Border Out Post (BoP) of BSF along the International Border in Samba sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya