Indian origin man gunned down in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore: A 29-year-old Indian origin man was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne assailants while he was driving his car in Malaysia`s capital city, Kuala Lumpur.
R Kaarikalan, a barber, was driving to his shop in the Puchong area of the city Friday when he was attacked, The New Straits Times reported.
According to the report, when Kaarikalan was at the Taman Billion roundabout, the two gunmen drew alongside him and fired at least eight to 10 times at him. While Kaaraikalan slumped down in his seat after being hit twice, his mother, who was with him, sustained minor injuries.
After passers-by alerted the police, Kaarikalan was rushed to the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre where he succumbed to his injuries an hour later.
Police have not ruled out a case of mistaken identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj