`Indo-Russian jet better than US aircraft`
New Delhi: The Indo-Russian fifth generation
fighter aircraft (FGFA) is superior than the similar Chinese
and American rival fighter jets which include the J 20 Black
Eagle and the F-22 Raptor, a top Russian military commander
India and Russia are jointly developing the Sukhoi T-50
PAK FA FGFA for their respective air forces and have plans of
producing over 400 of these highly-advanced fighter jets.
Commander of the Russian Air Force Colonel General
Alexander Zelin told Russian news agency RIA Novosti that his
Country’s government has decided to give top priority to the
development of the joint venture aircraft.
"While comparing Russia`s T-50 PAK FA with the US F-22
Raptor and China`s Chengdu J-20 Black Eagle, one concludes
that the T-50 is superior to its foreign analogues in terms of
its maximum speed in afterburner and standard modes, maximum
range and thrust-to-weight ratio," he said.
The Russian Air Force Commander said that despite the
comparable dimensions and weight of the Chinese J20 Black
Eagle and the F-22 raptor, "the T-50 has much shorter take-off
and landing runs. Moreover, its on-board equipment has better
specifications than its foreign equivalents."
India signed a preliminary design contract with Russia
recently for the aircraft and is planning to induct around 250
of them starting from 2017.
Commenting on the flight tests schedule of the FGFA,
Zelin said, "Tests are now taking place as planned in line
with specific decisions.Over 100 flights have been performed
and all the specifications obtained during the tests confirm
T-50 project requirements."
"The tests involve three fixed-wing aircraft, and three
more aircraft will arrive in the near future. All in all, the
tests will involve 14 aircraft," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why
- Aishwarya wanted to be discussed: Sonam Kapoor on 'purple lips' at Cannes
- German bakery blast convict attacks Yug Chandak murder convict Daware in jail