`ISI agent Maj Sameer visited 26/11 control room`
New Delhi: Suspected ISI operative Major Sameer Ali visited the Karachi control room of the 26/11 attacks when the mayhem engulfed Mumbai and gave several instructions to LeT `commander` Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
This was stated by Syed Zabiuddin Ansari, alias Abu Jundal, during his interrogation by security agencies, official sources said.
Pakistani-American LeT operative David Headley too had given information about Major Sameer`s role in the 26/11 attacks.
Another suspected ISI officer Sajid Mir, who was also involved in the Mumbai attacks and conspiracy to carry out other terror acts in India, helped Ajmal Kasab and nine other terrorists involved in the 26/11 strikes, to get training in Baitul Mujahideen.
Mir was a key motivator and organiser of the country`s worst terrorist attack which claimed 166 lives, Jundal told interrogators.
When the Mumbai attack was over, Major Sameer told all those present in the control room to disperse and go underground, the sources said.
While Jundal went back to Baitul Mujahideen, Lakhvi stayed at a protected house with his three wives.
Following international pressure, a few weeks after 26/11, sleuths of Pakistan`s Federal Investigation Agency raided the control room and destroyed it, they said.
Months later, when FIA raided Baitul Mujahideen camp, they arrested Lakhvi from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’