ISIS recruiting Indian Muslim youths to fight in Iraq, Syria?
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: In what could be a warning bell for the security agencies in India, reports have emerged that the dreaded Islamic State for Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group have been recruiting youths from states like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra and Jammu and Kashmir to fight in Iraq, Syria and other places in the Middle East.
As per reports, over hundred youths may have joined the jihadist militant group as of now and the terror group Indian Mujahideen may be involved in recruiting men from India.
The NIA has been apparently told to prepare a dossier as to who may involved in recruiting youths from India.
It has also been said that the ISIS is particularly targeting Muslim youths.
The ISIS is also known as ISIL, with the L standing for the Levant. Now it is called Islamic State or IS. It is a jihadi group that has established its rule by force in a vast areas of northern Iraq, plus parts of Syria.
One of the tools used for recruitment are online videos which are being used to radicalise poor from a particular community.
A propaganda video did surface on the internet a few weeks back which showed a young male, supposedly recruited from Canada, sharing his experience of being a street janitor in Canada and then what happens after he moved to Syria to fight for IS.
The video showed him asking people to help them in any way they could. He was also seen glorifying jihad. In the end the video shows him getting killed in a fight.
The video is reported to have been translated into Tamil, Urdu and also has Hindi subtitles.
Al Isabah Media Production has claimed to have posted the videos. It claims to be the media unit of 'Ansar ut Tawheed Fi Bilad Al Hind' or supporters of Monotheism in the land of India, on its Twitter account.
Earlier too, the video of ISIS leader Abu Bakar Al Baghdadi had been translated into Hindi. He too had called on Muslims from India to come and fight for the cause and had claimed that the rights of Muslims in India had been forcibly seized.
Earlier, four youths had disappeared from Maharashtra from Thane district in May this year. They were in their 20s and hailed from Kalyan. It had been speculated that they had joined the IS to fight in Iraq, even though their families had denied the report.
Later Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria had issued a circular asking Anti-Terror Cells (ATCs) of all police stations in the city to remain alert and keep a tab in their areas.
The circular has asked ATCs to probe the trail of youths who had gone missing and had asked them to check their links to terrorist organisations if any.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India