Kejriwal fasts for fifth day, health deteriorates
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite fast against "inflated" power bills entered the fifth day today, even as the party said that his health "deteriorated".
In a statement, Aam Aadmi Party claimed Kejriwal`s health has "deteriorated further". His blood pressure is 114/70, pulse 74 and sugar 108. His weight has fallen from 65 kgs on Day 1 and is now 59.5 kgs. The Ketone in his urine sample is 4+, the medical team said.
It also claimed that 82,726 people yesterday signed protest letters pledging not to pay the "inflated" power and water bills, taking the total to over the 2.69 lakh mark.
These letters would be delivered to Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit shortly, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?