The unprecedented degradation of Earth`s natural resources coupled with climate change could reverse major gains in human health over the last 150 years, according to a sweeping scientific review published Thursday.
Liberia confirmed a second new case of Ebola on Wednesday and warned of possible new infections, as the re-emergence of the virus nearly two months after its elimination in the West African country raised fears of hidden pockets of the disease.
Teenagers who are very overweight may run double the risk of developing colorectal cancer when they reach middle age, according to research published Monday.
The number of deaths from the Ebola epidemic now exceeds 11,000, figures from the World Health Organization showed on Wednesday.
More than 750 plaintiffs are suing the Johns Hopkins Hospital System Corp. over its role in a series of medical experiments in Guatemala in the 1940s and 1950s during which subjects were infected with venereal diseases.
The last remaining Cuban medics sent to Sierra Leone in October last year to help in the fight against Ebola left the country on Wednesday, as the number of infections there is falling.
The weekly number of new Ebola cases registered across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone rose in the last week of January, marking the first hike in 2015, the World Health Organisation has said.
British scientists have developed a new use for 3D printing, putting it to work to create personalised replica models of cancerous parts of the body to allow doctors to target tumours more precisely.
The World Health Organization said Wednesday that 5,420 people had so far died of Ebola across eight countries, out of a total 15,145 cases of infection, since late December 2013.
Canada is starting trials of its experimental Ebola vaccine on a small group of people in the Atlantic port city of Halifax, Health Minister Rona Ambrose announced Friday.
The World Health Organization said on Thursday that 5,160 people have so far died of Ebola acorss eight countries, from a total 14,098 cases of infection.
Uganda`s Ministry of Health on Tuesday declared the East African country officially free of the deadly Marburg epidemic, which killed one health worker and left 197 people quarantined.
The cartons of Marlboros, cans of Skoal and packs of Swisher Sweets are hard to miss stacked near the entrance of Vincent's Country Store, but maybe not for much longer: All tobacco products could become contraband if local health officials get their way.
The U.S. Department of Defense has exercised an option with Canada`s Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp for the company to make 500 courses of its experimental treatment for Ebola, Tekmira said on Thursday.
A third American health worker has tested positive for the Ebola virus while working with patients in West Africa, the Christian missionary group SIM said Tuesday.
Daily exercises to maintain good cardiovascular health also benefits brain, protecting us from cognitive impairment as we age, according to a promising study.
One of Nicki Minaj`s dancers was bitten by a snake and rushed to the hospital during a rehearsal for her Video Music Awards performance.
Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has made a pact with himself to end his alcohol and smoke addiction because his recent heart attacks have scared him.
The death toll from the Ebola outbreak sweeping through west African countries has risen to 1,427 out of more than 2,600 cases, the World Health Organization said Friday.
Monrovia: Every region of Liberia has now been hit by Ebola, officials said Friday, as the World Health Organization warned the fight against the worst-ever outbreak of the killer disease would take months.
Two American missionaries who contracted Ebola while treating patients in Liberia have left hospital after making a full recovery, doctors said on Thursday, as authorities in the west African nation struggled to deal with their dead.
Violence erupted in an Ebola quarantine zone in Liberia`s capital Wednesday as authorities struggled to contain the epidemic, with new suspected cases in Asia sparking fears of it spreading beyond Africa.
Actor Dwayne `The Rock` Johnson has been signed on to star in two more `Journey to the Center of the Earth` sequels.
Scientists say, kids born to unhealthy parents are already pre-programmed for greater risk of poor health, with higher odds of developing metabolic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
A new study has revealed that connections between certain brain regions are amplified in teens that are more prone to risk.
With internet penetration increasing rapidly, e-healthcare in India is fast catching public attention and is poised to contribute significantly to the overall healthcare market, industry experts said.
Contrary to the popular belief, more exercise is not always better as too much running could lead to an increase in cardiovascular deaths in heart attack survivors, a new study has claimed.
Bacteria inside the mouth change their metabolism when a person is diseased, according to a new study which may lead to better ways to prevent gum disease, diabetes and Crohn`s disease.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Sheena Bora murder case: All possible theories behind killing fail?
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Girl gang-raped in front of younger sister in Himachal Pradesh, accused held
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried