A new research has revealed that nicotine gives brain more codeine relief, putting smokers at a higher risk for addiction.
People who do not get enough sleep are four times more likely than their well-rested counterparts to catch a cold, US researchers said Monday.
Nutraceutical product is a food or fortified food product that not only supplements the diet but also assists in treating or preventing diseases (apart from anaemia),providing medical benefits.
The unprecedented degradation of Earth`s natural resources coupled with climate change could reverse major gains in human health over the last 150 years, according to a sweeping scientific review published Thursday.
Liberia confirmed a second new case of Ebola on Wednesday and warned of possible new infections, as the re-emergence of the virus nearly two months after its elimination in the West African country raised fears of hidden pockets of the disease.
Teenagers who are very overweight may run double the risk of developing colorectal cancer when they reach middle age, according to research published Monday.
The number of deaths from the Ebola epidemic now exceeds 11,000, figures from the World Health Organization showed on Wednesday.
More than 750 plaintiffs are suing the Johns Hopkins Hospital System Corp. over its role in a series of medical experiments in Guatemala in the 1940s and 1950s during which subjects were infected with venereal diseases.
The last remaining Cuban medics sent to Sierra Leone in October last year to help in the fight against Ebola left the country on Wednesday, as the number of infections there is falling.
China`s Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, the telecoms equipment company whose products are now integral to various mobile and fixed-line networks, poses no threat to Britain`s national security, a board established to monitor the company`s operations said.
The weekly number of new Ebola cases registered across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone rose in the last week of January, marking the first hike in 2015, the World Health Organisation has said.
British scientists have developed a new use for 3D printing, putting it to work to create personalised replica models of cancerous parts of the body to allow doctors to target tumours more precisely.
The World Health Organization said Wednesday that 5,420 people had so far died of Ebola across eight countries, out of a total 15,145 cases of infection, since late December 2013.
Canada is starting trials of its experimental Ebola vaccine on a small group of people in the Atlantic port city of Halifax, Health Minister Rona Ambrose announced Friday.
The World Health Organization said on Thursday that 5,160 people have so far died of Ebola acorss eight countries, from a total 14,098 cases of infection.
Uganda`s Ministry of Health on Tuesday declared the East African country officially free of the deadly Marburg epidemic, which killed one health worker and left 197 people quarantined.
The cartons of Marlboros, cans of Skoal and packs of Swisher Sweets are hard to miss stacked near the entrance of Vincent's Country Store, but maybe not for much longer: All tobacco products could become contraband if local health officials get their way.
The U.S. Department of Defense has exercised an option with Canada`s Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp for the company to make 500 courses of its experimental treatment for Ebola, Tekmira said on Thursday.
A third American health worker has tested positive for the Ebola virus while working with patients in West Africa, the Christian missionary group SIM said Tuesday.
Daily exercises to maintain good cardiovascular health also benefits brain, protecting us from cognitive impairment as we age, according to a promising study.
One of Nicki Minaj`s dancers was bitten by a snake and rushed to the hospital during a rehearsal for her Video Music Awards performance.
Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has made a pact with himself to end his alcohol and smoke addiction because his recent heart attacks have scared him.
The death toll from the Ebola outbreak sweeping through west African countries has risen to 1,427 out of more than 2,600 cases, the World Health Organization said Friday.
Monrovia: Every region of Liberia has now been hit by Ebola, officials said Friday, as the World Health Organization warned the fight against the worst-ever outbreak of the killer disease would take months.
Two American missionaries who contracted Ebola while treating patients in Liberia have left hospital after making a full recovery, doctors said on Thursday, as authorities in the west African nation struggled to deal with their dead.
Violence erupted in an Ebola quarantine zone in Liberia`s capital Wednesday as authorities struggled to contain the epidemic, with new suspected cases in Asia sparking fears of it spreading beyond Africa.
Actor Dwayne `The Rock` Johnson has been signed on to star in two more `Journey to the Center of the Earth` sequels.
Scientists say, kids born to unhealthy parents are already pre-programmed for greater risk of poor health, with higher odds of developing metabolic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
A new study has revealed that connections between certain brain regions are amplified in teens that are more prone to risk.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma