US health officials laid out details of their battle plan against the Zika virus for lawmakers on Tuesday, saying that more than $1.8 billion in new emergency funds is needed to protect pregnant American women by the summer mosquito season.
A new research has revealed that nicotine gives brain more codeine relief, putting smokers at a higher risk for addiction.
People who do not get enough sleep are four times more likely than their well-rested counterparts to catch a cold, US researchers said Monday.
Nutraceutical product is a food or fortified food product that not only supplements the diet but also assists in treating or preventing diseases (apart from anaemia),providing medical benefits.
The unprecedented degradation of Earth`s natural resources coupled with climate change could reverse major gains in human health over the last 150 years, according to a sweeping scientific review published Thursday.
Liberia confirmed a second new case of Ebola on Wednesday and warned of possible new infections, as the re-emergence of the virus nearly two months after its elimination in the West African country raised fears of hidden pockets of the disease.
Teenagers who are very overweight may run double the risk of developing colorectal cancer when they reach middle age, according to research published Monday.
The number of deaths from the Ebola epidemic now exceeds 11,000, figures from the World Health Organization showed on Wednesday.
More than 750 plaintiffs are suing the Johns Hopkins Hospital System Corp. over its role in a series of medical experiments in Guatemala in the 1940s and 1950s during which subjects were infected with venereal diseases.
The last remaining Cuban medics sent to Sierra Leone in October last year to help in the fight against Ebola left the country on Wednesday, as the number of infections there is falling.
China`s Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, the telecoms equipment company whose products are now integral to various mobile and fixed-line networks, poses no threat to Britain`s national security, a board established to monitor the company`s operations said.
The weekly number of new Ebola cases registered across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone rose in the last week of January, marking the first hike in 2015, the World Health Organisation has said.
British scientists have developed a new use for 3D printing, putting it to work to create personalised replica models of cancerous parts of the body to allow doctors to target tumours more precisely.
The World Health Organization said Wednesday that 5,420 people had so far died of Ebola across eight countries, out of a total 15,145 cases of infection, since late December 2013.
Canada is starting trials of its experimental Ebola vaccine on a small group of people in the Atlantic port city of Halifax, Health Minister Rona Ambrose announced Friday.
The World Health Organization said on Thursday that 5,160 people have so far died of Ebola acorss eight countries, from a total 14,098 cases of infection.
Uganda`s Ministry of Health on Tuesday declared the East African country officially free of the deadly Marburg epidemic, which killed one health worker and left 197 people quarantined.
The cartons of Marlboros, cans of Skoal and packs of Swisher Sweets are hard to miss stacked near the entrance of Vincent's Country Store, but maybe not for much longer: All tobacco products could become contraband if local health officials get their way.
The U.S. Department of Defense has exercised an option with Canada`s Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp for the company to make 500 courses of its experimental treatment for Ebola, Tekmira said on Thursday.
A third American health worker has tested positive for the Ebola virus while working with patients in West Africa, the Christian missionary group SIM said Tuesday.
Daily exercises to maintain good cardiovascular health also benefits brain, protecting us from cognitive impairment as we age, according to a promising study.
One of Nicki Minaj`s dancers was bitten by a snake and rushed to the hospital during a rehearsal for her Video Music Awards performance.
Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has made a pact with himself to end his alcohol and smoke addiction because his recent heart attacks have scared him.
The death toll from the Ebola outbreak sweeping through west African countries has risen to 1,427 out of more than 2,600 cases, the World Health Organization said Friday.
Monrovia: Every region of Liberia has now been hit by Ebola, officials said Friday, as the World Health Organization warned the fight against the worst-ever outbreak of the killer disease would take months.
Two American missionaries who contracted Ebola while treating patients in Liberia have left hospital after making a full recovery, doctors said on Thursday, as authorities in the west African nation struggled to deal with their dead.
Violence erupted in an Ebola quarantine zone in Liberia`s capital Wednesday as authorities struggled to contain the epidemic, with new suspected cases in Asia sparking fears of it spreading beyond Africa.
Actor Dwayne `The Rock` Johnson has been signed on to star in two more `Journey to the Center of the Earth` sequels.
Scientists say, kids born to unhealthy parents are already pre-programmed for greater risk of poor health, with higher odds of developing metabolic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- More sexual harassment complaints against TERI's RK Pachauri
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- Siachen braveheart Hanumanthappa passes away; India mourns
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's playing XI: Can Pawan Negi find a place in 2nd T20I against Sri Lanka
- Odd-even scheme to return from April 15-30 in Delhi; VIPs, women to be exempted: Kejriwal
- 2nd T20I: India vs Sri Lanka 2016 - Preview
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Viral Video: Australian Usman Khawaja filmed repeatedly squeezing teammate's bottom during national anthem