Lack of consultations, coordination panel irked NCP
New Delhi: Lack of consultations with allies and a coordination committee to sort out issues are some of the factors that have contributed to NCP`s current stand-off with the Congress, a senior leader said on Friday.
The NCP`s concerns over the functioning of the government and the UPA coalition and the need for Congress to take along its allies have been conveyed by party chief Sharad Pawar to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
The leader, who did not want to be identified, said Pawar`s communication to the Prime Minister last night was a "cumulative buildup" on administrative and political issues as Congress has "not been inclusive" with its allies.
"If the government is ineffective or lameduck, we will also have to face the brunt... We have to face general elections in the next two years, if we are not successful in the elections who will talk to us. We are a small party, if others can grow, why can’t we grow," he asked.
"Are we allies only to the extent of ministries or portfolios we hold? Where is any ally in the loop on any decision?" the leader said.
"My party has never felt it has been included beyond the four walls of the government and the portfolios we hold," he said.
The issue of setting up of a UPA Coordination Committee has also been raised by the NCP, which is part of the ruling alliance since 2004.
"Coordination Committee has always been on the agenda. It has always been stated, but never implemented," the leader said noting that since 2004, NCP has been demanding such a Committee, but there has never been any response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees