Lack of consultations, coordination panel irked NCP
New Delhi: Lack of consultations with allies and a coordination committee to sort out issues are some of the factors that have contributed to NCP`s current stand-off with the Congress, a senior leader said on Friday.
The NCP`s concerns over the functioning of the government and the UPA coalition and the need for Congress to take along its allies have been conveyed by party chief Sharad Pawar to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
The leader, who did not want to be identified, said Pawar`s communication to the Prime Minister last night was a "cumulative buildup" on administrative and political issues as Congress has "not been inclusive" with its allies.
"If the government is ineffective or lameduck, we will also have to face the brunt... We have to face general elections in the next two years, if we are not successful in the elections who will talk to us. We are a small party, if others can grow, why can’t we grow," he asked.
"Are we allies only to the extent of ministries or portfolios we hold? Where is any ally in the loop on any decision?" the leader said.
"My party has never felt it has been included beyond the four walls of the government and the portfolios we hold," he said.
The issue of setting up of a UPA Coordination Committee has also been raised by the NCP, which is part of the ruling alliance since 2004.
"Coordination Committee has always been on the agenda. It has always been stated, but never implemented," the leader said noting that since 2004, NCP has been demanding such a Committee, but there has never been any response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS