Lack of consultations, coordination panel irked NCP
New Delhi: Lack of consultations with allies and a coordination committee to sort out issues are some of the factors that have contributed to NCP`s current stand-off with the Congress, a senior leader said on Friday.
The NCP`s concerns over the functioning of the government and the UPA coalition and the need for Congress to take along its allies have been conveyed by party chief Sharad Pawar to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
The leader, who did not want to be identified, said Pawar`s communication to the Prime Minister last night was a "cumulative buildup" on administrative and political issues as Congress has "not been inclusive" with its allies.
"If the government is ineffective or lameduck, we will also have to face the brunt... We have to face general elections in the next two years, if we are not successful in the elections who will talk to us. We are a small party, if others can grow, why can’t we grow," he asked.
"Are we allies only to the extent of ministries or portfolios we hold? Where is any ally in the loop on any decision?" the leader said.
"My party has never felt it has been included beyond the four walls of the government and the portfolios we hold," he said.
The issue of setting up of a UPA Coordination Committee has also been raised by the NCP, which is part of the ruling alliance since 2004.
"Coordination Committee has always been on the agenda. It has always been stated, but never implemented," the leader said noting that since 2004, NCP has been demanding such a Committee, but there has never been any response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened