Lankan navy personnel attack TN fishermen in Mid-Sea
Nagapattinam: In yet another mid-sea attack, Sri Lankan Naval personnel allegedly attacked six fishermen from Tamil Nadu`s Nagapattinam district.
The fishermen, who had put out to sea on March 20, claimed they were attacked by the Sri Lankan naval personnel on March 23 while they were fishing in a mechanised boat about 35 nautical miles off-Kodiakarai coast, officials said.
The fishermen alleged the Lankan Navy personnel arrived in a speed vessel and surrounded their boat and attacked them before snatching away their GPS instrument, navigation and communication tools. However, they managed to reach the shore on Sunday.
The fishermen also alleged the Lankan Navy damaged their fishing nets and threw away the food packets and other valuables into the sea, the officials said.
The fishermen have lodged a complaint with coastal security police and fisheries authorities that the navy personnel also torn Indian flag mounted on the boat, they said.
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team