LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) takes off on its maiden flight
Bangalore: The LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) had its maiden flight here on Sunday from HAL airport setting the stage for its initial operation clearance.
"The performance of the aircraft was flawless and with this, the Initial Operation Clearance for the aircraft can be expected soon," HAL chairman Dr RK Tyagi said in a statement.
Air Commodore K A Muthana, VSM, Programme Director (Flight Test) piloted the aircraft on its maiden flight.
The flight clearance by the certifying agencies was accorded today for the aircraft after ensuring that all the aircraft systems were functioning satisfactorily on ground, he said.
He said the aircraft normally undergo high speed taxy trials prior to the first flight.
"However, with the confidence gained by the flight crew and the certifying agencies during the build and ground checks, a decision was taken to proceed with first flight without going through a separate high speed taxy trial," Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali