LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) takes off on its maiden flight
Bangalore: The LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) had its maiden flight here on Sunday from HAL airport setting the stage for its initial operation clearance.
"The performance of the aircraft was flawless and with this, the Initial Operation Clearance for the aircraft can be expected soon," HAL chairman Dr RK Tyagi said in a statement.
Air Commodore K A Muthana, VSM, Programme Director (Flight Test) piloted the aircraft on its maiden flight.
The flight clearance by the certifying agencies was accorded today for the aircraft after ensuring that all the aircraft systems were functioning satisfactorily on ground, he said.
He said the aircraft normally undergo high speed taxy trials prior to the first flight.
"However, with the confidence gained by the flight crew and the certifying agencies during the build and ground checks, a decision was taken to proceed with first flight without going through a separate high speed taxy trial," Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh