LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) takes off on its maiden flight
Bangalore: The LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) had its maiden flight here on Sunday from HAL airport setting the stage for its initial operation clearance.
"The performance of the aircraft was flawless and with this, the Initial Operation Clearance for the aircraft can be expected soon," HAL chairman Dr RK Tyagi said in a statement.
Air Commodore K A Muthana, VSM, Programme Director (Flight Test) piloted the aircraft on its maiden flight.
The flight clearance by the certifying agencies was accorded today for the aircraft after ensuring that all the aircraft systems were functioning satisfactorily on ground, he said.
He said the aircraft normally undergo high speed taxy trials prior to the first flight.
"However, with the confidence gained by the flight crew and the certifying agencies during the build and ground checks, a decision was taken to proceed with first flight without going through a separate high speed taxy trial," Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts