LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) takes off on its maiden flight
Bangalore: The LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) had its maiden flight here on Sunday from HAL airport setting the stage for its initial operation clearance.
"The performance of the aircraft was flawless and with this, the Initial Operation Clearance for the aircraft can be expected soon," HAL chairman Dr RK Tyagi said in a statement.
Air Commodore K A Muthana, VSM, Programme Director (Flight Test) piloted the aircraft on its maiden flight.
The flight clearance by the certifying agencies was accorded today for the aircraft after ensuring that all the aircraft systems were functioning satisfactorily on ground, he said.
He said the aircraft normally undergo high speed taxy trials prior to the first flight.
"However, with the confidence gained by the flight crew and the certifying agencies during the build and ground checks, a decision was taken to proceed with first flight without going through a separate high speed taxy trial," Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks