LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) takes off on its maiden flight
Bangalore: The LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) had its maiden flight here on Sunday from HAL airport setting the stage for its initial operation clearance.
"The performance of the aircraft was flawless and with this, the Initial Operation Clearance for the aircraft can be expected soon," HAL chairman Dr RK Tyagi said in a statement.
Air Commodore K A Muthana, VSM, Programme Director (Flight Test) piloted the aircraft on its maiden flight.
The flight clearance by the certifying agencies was accorded today for the aircraft after ensuring that all the aircraft systems were functioning satisfactorily on ground, he said.
He said the aircraft normally undergo high speed taxy trials prior to the first flight.
"However, with the confidence gained by the flight crew and the certifying agencies during the build and ground checks, a decision was taken to proceed with first flight without going through a separate high speed taxy trial," Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister