‘Leave China story, it’s not a role model’
New Delhi: Contrary to popular perception that China’s economic growth still inspires Communists all over the world, the Communist Party of India (CPI) on Wednesday asked the UPA government to stop referring to the neighbouring country as it is no longer a role model.
Participating in a crucial debate on UPA government’s decision to allow FDI in the multi-brand retail, CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said, “Leave China story alone, it is no longer a role model for me.”
The CPI leader made this rather surprising remark while opposing the Centre’s FDI move.
Speaking in Lok Sabha, Dasgupta said slammed the Prime Minister and said that the UPA leader was ready to sacrifice the government for retail giant Wal-Mart.
"For the cause of Wal-Mart, the Prime Minister is even ready to sacrifice his government," Dasgupta said.
"The government believes economic situation of the country is grim. And it believes FDI will rescue the Indian economy from the crisis," he quipped.
The Lok Sabha, which will vote on the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail on Wednesday, debated the matter for the second day with several lawmakers attacking the government sharply for imposing the decision on people.
Earlier, Basudeb Acharya of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said they would not allow Wal-Mart’s entry in India and would take the battle to streets from Parliament.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?