‘Leave China story, it’s not a role model’
New Delhi: Contrary to popular perception that China’s economic growth still inspires Communists all over the world, the Communist Party of India (CPI) on Wednesday asked the UPA government to stop referring to the neighbouring country as it is no longer a role model.
Participating in a crucial debate on UPA government’s decision to allow FDI in the multi-brand retail, CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said, “Leave China story alone, it is no longer a role model for me.”
The CPI leader made this rather surprising remark while opposing the Centre’s FDI move.
Speaking in Lok Sabha, Dasgupta said slammed the Prime Minister and said that the UPA leader was ready to sacrifice the government for retail giant Wal-Mart.
"For the cause of Wal-Mart, the Prime Minister is even ready to sacrifice his government," Dasgupta said.
"The government believes economic situation of the country is grim. And it believes FDI will rescue the Indian economy from the crisis," he quipped.
The Lok Sabha, which will vote on the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail on Wednesday, debated the matter for the second day with several lawmakers attacking the government sharply for imposing the decision on people.
Earlier, Basudeb Acharya of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said they would not allow Wal-Mart’s entry in India and would take the battle to streets from Parliament.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read