‘Leave China story, it’s not a role model’
New Delhi: Contrary to popular perception that China’s economic growth still inspires Communists all over the world, the Communist Party of India (CPI) on Wednesday asked the UPA government to stop referring to the neighbouring country as it is no longer a role model.
Participating in a crucial debate on UPA government’s decision to allow FDI in the multi-brand retail, CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said, “Leave China story alone, it is no longer a role model for me.”
The CPI leader made this rather surprising remark while opposing the Centre’s FDI move.
Speaking in Lok Sabha, Dasgupta said slammed the Prime Minister and said that the UPA leader was ready to sacrifice the government for retail giant Wal-Mart.
"For the cause of Wal-Mart, the Prime Minister is even ready to sacrifice his government," Dasgupta said.
"The government believes economic situation of the country is grim. And it believes FDI will rescue the Indian economy from the crisis," he quipped.
The Lok Sabha, which will vote on the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail on Wednesday, debated the matter for the second day with several lawmakers attacking the government sharply for imposing the decision on people.
Earlier, Basudeb Acharya of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said they would not allow Wal-Mart’s entry in India and would take the battle to streets from Parliament.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'