Leh clash: Army submits report to Defence Ministry
New Delhi: The Army has submitted a report to the Defence Ministry about the clash between jawans and officers at a firing range near the India-China boundary in Nyoma, Ladakh.
An initial report about the incident has been submitted to the Defence Ministry. Details about the entire episode would be provided only after the Court of Inquiry (CoI) instituted in the matter submits its findings, Army sources said here.
However, sources said there seemed to be an attempt earlier on part of the Army to cover up the whole incident as it had informed the ministry that there was only a scuffle between jawans and officers and that details were not provided.
Soon after media reports about the incident surfaced, the Army had issued a public statement dismissing the incident as a scuffle.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry into a scuffle that broke out between officers and jawans in Ladakh after the Ministry sought a detailed report from it on the incident.
Army sources said the officers and jawans involved in the clashes will now be attached to the CoI ordered by the superior headquarters and will face action.
On whether Commanding Officer of 226 Field Regiment Colonel Kadam was being relieved of his command duties in view of the incident, Army sources denied this saying the officer had anyways completed his command tenure and was expecting a posting in the near future.
Sources said there was also a possibility that the unit may be disbanded after the completion of the disciplinary proceedings into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations