Leh clash: Army submits report to Defence Ministry
New Delhi: The Army has submitted a report to the Defence Ministry about the clash between jawans and officers at a firing range near the India-China boundary in Nyoma, Ladakh.
An initial report about the incident has been submitted to the Defence Ministry. Details about the entire episode would be provided only after the Court of Inquiry (CoI) instituted in the matter submits its findings, Army sources said here.
However, sources said there seemed to be an attempt earlier on part of the Army to cover up the whole incident as it had informed the ministry that there was only a scuffle between jawans and officers and that details were not provided.
Soon after media reports about the incident surfaced, the Army had issued a public statement dismissing the incident as a scuffle.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry into a scuffle that broke out between officers and jawans in Ladakh after the Ministry sought a detailed report from it on the incident.
Army sources said the officers and jawans involved in the clashes will now be attached to the CoI ordered by the superior headquarters and will face action.
On whether Commanding Officer of 226 Field Regiment Colonel Kadam was being relieved of his command duties in view of the incident, Army sources denied this saying the officer had anyways completed his command tenure and was expecting a posting in the near future.
Sources said there was also a possibility that the unit may be disbanded after the completion of the disciplinary proceedings into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'