Maoism a `deep-rooted` problem: Sharad Yadav
Ratlam (MP): NDA convener and JD(U) president, Sharad Yadav, on Sunday termed Maoism as a "deep-rooted" problem which cannot be solved merely by arms.
Strongly condemning the Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh yesterday, Yadav told reporters at Sailana, that "Maoism cannot be solved merely by arms".
The JD-U leader who arrived here to take part in a party programme, said that Maoism should be addressed politically, economically and legally.
He said that there is a difference between Maoism as well as terrorism and both should be tackled in a different manner.
Referring to the IPL scam, he demanded resignation of BCCI President N Srinivasan after the alleged involvement of his son-in-law, Gurunath Meiyappan in it.
Yadav also said that NDA would come to power on its own in the coming Lok Sabha polls and decide on the issue of Prime Ministership later.
Earlier, addressing a party rally, he said that unless people voted out parties framing policies to benefit capitalists, the development of the common man will not take place and urged people to vote for a party like the JD (U) which follows the ideology of noted social reformer Mama Baleshwar Dayal.
Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he alleged that during UPA rule, scams worth billions of rupees took place, but the PM neither speaks nor listens to such issues and he merely looks at them passively.
He also alleged that the MNREGA scheme has become a great source of corruption and does not benefit those, for whom it was framed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof