Maoism a `deep-rooted` problem: Sharad Yadav
Ratlam (MP): NDA convener and JD(U) president, Sharad Yadav, on Sunday termed Maoism as a "deep-rooted" problem which cannot be solved merely by arms.
Strongly condemning the Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh yesterday, Yadav told reporters at Sailana, that "Maoism cannot be solved merely by arms".
The JD-U leader who arrived here to take part in a party programme, said that Maoism should be addressed politically, economically and legally.
He said that there is a difference between Maoism as well as terrorism and both should be tackled in a different manner.
Referring to the IPL scam, he demanded resignation of BCCI President N Srinivasan after the alleged involvement of his son-in-law, Gurunath Meiyappan in it.
Yadav also said that NDA would come to power on its own in the coming Lok Sabha polls and decide on the issue of Prime Ministership later.
Earlier, addressing a party rally, he said that unless people voted out parties framing policies to benefit capitalists, the development of the common man will not take place and urged people to vote for a party like the JD (U) which follows the ideology of noted social reformer Mama Baleshwar Dayal.
Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he alleged that during UPA rule, scams worth billions of rupees took place, but the PM neither speaks nor listens to such issues and he merely looks at them passively.
He also alleged that the MNREGA scheme has become a great source of corruption and does not benefit those, for whom it was framed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'